"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11&
The libertarian was sort of used sarcastically. The rest of the post actually means what it says, I think if people don't trust police enough they should still work together to keep crime down by the ways I described, setting examples of not being criminals, etc. instead letting people go criminal, getting a gun, getting scared all the time, and hoping they can shoot firrst if someone attacks.

As for the terrorism issue, a kinder, gentler U.S. doesn't mean a weaker U.S., it means a U.S. that's more careful with its foreign policy. The bottom of the article that says "these charges found a ready audience among millions of angry arabs and muslims angry at the U.S. because of issues ranging from Iraq to Palestine to America's support for their countries repressive rulers" shows that the foreign ploicy of the U.S. does have an effect on whether people support the Osama types. A better planned and less controlling U.S. foreign policy would have taken away some of those millions in supporters, and I'd say that that should be a goal now. Some of those supporters could become the next Osama types in the future when the current ones are dealt with, so for the long term the U.S. could use that planning in their foreign policy.

There was an argument about this issue that I was in in the amazon basin, but apparently it's deleted now.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)

Messages In This Thread
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:40 AM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Guest - 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM
"Palme D'Or" for Mike Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11& - by Minionman - 08-05-2004, 02:01 AM