The Internet - drowning in its own waste?
Information, or rather mis-information, is a huge problem. Its alarming just how wrong most things are. Whether its the internet, text books, or the news on the tv, things are just plain ol' jumbled up. Before the internet TV was hands down the worst. Now the that the internet is abound, we are able to bask in the splendorous glow of the king of bad information.

Much like the question of whether or not human beings are inherently good or evil, the question of is technology ultimately good or ultimately bad for humans is a tough cookie to answer. I think a large problem is that most people take technology as an inherently good thing, without ever really questioning it. Are the good of hospitals worth the bad of missles? Are the good of artificially flavored candy worth the bad of cancer?

To steer this behemoth of an open ended question back on course, I believe the internet will continue to be a waste land of misinformation. Going to hell on express? How many more Battle.net forums do you need to witness before you realize that it's already there.

There are always shiny objects of good and truth in the rubble, and I suppose that's why we continue to use the internet: for the possibility of it bringing good. And its there if you look hard enough, but sometimes its harder than fighting the Diablo Clone with a naked barbarian.

-Munk

Messages In This Thread
The Internet - drowning in its own waste? - by Guest - 07-23-2004, 08:15 PM
The Internet - drowning in its own waste? - by Guest - 07-23-2004, 08:20 PM
The Internet - drowning in its own waste? - by Munkay - 07-23-2004, 10:57 PM
The Internet - drowning in its own waste? - by Guest - 07-24-2004, 06:05 AM
The Internet - drowning in its own waste? - by Guest - 07-24-2004, 03:18 PM
The Internet - drowning in its own waste? - by Guest - 07-24-2004, 08:23 PM
The Internet - drowning in its own waste? - by Guest - 07-24-2004, 09:44 PM
The Internet - drowning in its own waste? - by Guest - 07-24-2004, 10:26 PM
The Internet - drowning in its own waste? - by Guest - 07-25-2004, 12:57 AM
The Internet - drowning in its own waste? - by Guest - 07-25-2004, 08:37 PM
The Internet - drowning in its own waste? - by moon_blade - 07-30-2004, 07:34 PM