The (semi-) official Thief 3 rave thread!
[ Wrote:Angel,Jun 3 2004, 07:04 AM] ... What's wrong with a regular medieval game where you kill people and steal stuff? If you add a storyline, some music and atmosphere; you've got a great game already. Why ruin it with monsters and mysticism?! ...
Holy crap, kid. Here I am quaking in my chair at the memory of dodging telepathic Keeper assassins with alien-like faces, whom I can hear their thoughts (and the screams of their minds when they are killed offscreen by City Watch or Hammer allies), and praying for a reprieve from the fear and festering horror of the Shalebridge Cradle by thinking just one thought, "If they were only human, I wouldn't be so scared right now."

If the game had nothing but mortal guards and soldiers as adversaries, it would lose about 80% of its atmosphere right then and there.

Yeah, the Kurshok look like B-Movie monsters, and the giant rat-men were laughably lacking in creepiness, but the Keeper Enforcers and the Cradle more than take up the slack. And I'm not even done through the game yet.

But you want a great break-in and heist, you really should play up to the Moira Mansion mission. Of course, the only way to get to that point is to first board the plague ship containing the zombies.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.

Messages In This Thread
The (semi-) official Thief 3 rave thread! - by Rhydderch Hael - 07-06-2004, 06:19 AM