The Legend of Zelda
I'm best with Fox, of course, but I try and learn other characters for fun. I'm pretty good with Marth (Roy is a bit too slow, even though he's stronger, looks a helluva lot cooler <especially in his "blue" skin>, and his cheer is cool :) ), and so-so with Samus. Ganondorf is LOADS of fun, especially with the halfway brain-dead CPs (more on that later), since they can't seem to realize that they're about to run directly into a fully charged smash attack...

Event Match 51 really isn't all that hard. The CPs are probably LV8 at best (likely LV7), and Giga Bowser is so huge it's not even funny. Anything thrown, slashed, or attacked in his general direction will hit him. He is SLOW, and he's not nearly as heavy as one would think. I've killed him when he was at 85% with Fox. The Event Match I had the most trouble with would be either that Pikapuke and Pichu one (Match 43, I think), or Event Match 50. Event Match 50 is almost too easy with Marth (you will use Counter and you will love it), and only slightly more difficult with Fox.

Unfortunately, all of the idiots down here in GA think that the Xbox and PS2 are better than the GCN. Fools. Hence, I have very little in the way of human players to play against. Of course, it's always more fun to beat them in Halo or beat their high scores in THPS Umpty-um. Nothing better than doing the electronic equivalent of slapping them in the face ^_^

As for Metroid Prime, I am now at 78% through Hard mode, and it IS fairly hard. I've been using a walkthrough this time around (I'm not even past Omega Pirate and I already have a higher percentage than my first, unassisted way through >_< ), so I've been nabbing every single Missile Expansion and Energy Tank in the game. Quite amusing having more than 200 missiles this time. Well, at least I can get some enjoyment out of the Wavebuster this time around (I have 105 missiles in my first game).

Finally, I expect to go and pick up Wind Waker today, so I'll have some feedback to add to the pot. I must admit that I most definitely do NOT like Link's look, but the rest of the world looks just fine to me. Cel-shading looks great when done properly (like in Robotech: Battlecry), but absolutely horrible when overdone. At least it doesn't have the flat, shiny look that far too many 3D games have now. I still think Young Link from Ocarina of Time (and his updated look in Smash Bros.) is the best look for Link. I like the "adult" (which is really teenager; Young Link was at most 10 years old in Ocarina of Time, and he was in stasis for seven years, which means he is between 15 and 17 years old; I'm pretty sure the game says Young Link is 8 at one point) Link better, of course, but it's basically been agreed that the young version of Link is his "true" form.

I eagerly await the chance to go to Screwyouland to go and get my copy of Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.

Messages In This Thread
The Legend of Zelda - by The Luminaire - 03-25-2003, 07:34 AM
The Legend of Zelda - by Caesar - 03-25-2003, 10:22 PM
The Legend of Zelda - by Artega - 03-27-2003, 05:30 AM
The Legend of Zelda - by MonTy - 03-27-2003, 06:44 AM
The Legend of Zelda - by The Luminaire - 03-27-2003, 07:38 AM
The Legend of Zelda - by Refrigerator - 03-28-2003, 04:27 AM
The Legend of Zelda - by Artega - 03-29-2003, 06:23 PM
The Legend of Zelda - by Mithrandir - 03-29-2003, 09:18 PM
The Legend of Zelda - by Copadope - 03-29-2003, 11:33 PM
The Legend of Zelda - by Roland - 03-30-2003, 01:11 AM
The Legend of Zelda - by The Luminaire - 03-30-2003, 02:00 AM