THe ongoing debate, one skill tree sorc
Quote: I dont think this topic has any particular answer, except whatever suits everyones differing play styles.
Totally agree. However, with the introduction of immunities (yeah, I still remember the time before them, I'm old, SO WHAT?) the power of one-trick ponies are significantly different. This is especially true to 1.10.

What I mean is, if you go one-tree with a sorc (and by my definition, one-tree means that you have massive offensive damage in one tree only), roughly 1/4-1/2 of your opponents are unkillable (depending on element and location).
If one plays a boner, one can kill a lot more monsters, since magic immunes are far rarer.
If one plays a wind druid, (I consider it one-tree, since uses only one side of a tab), he can kill mostly anything, since physical immunes are far less frequent, and even then he has Hurricane as a ready back-up skill.
And yes, the old cheese returned, hammerdins can kill everything with the exception of Hell Wailing Beasts.

This inbalance is tolerable to some, but I personally find the loss of one synergy less important than the ability to solo in most areas.

Messages In This Thread
THe ongoing debate, one skill tree sorc - by Caaroid - 06-12-2004, 08:04 PM