Newbie questions
On leoric-mangling:
1 - Get a 'crushing' weapon; club, spiked club, mace, morning star, flail, war hammer, maul. (mauls are out of reach & club is obsolete by level 3 though), you'll do 150% damage to him (and other undead stuff)
2 - for pity's sake don't use a sword, you'll only do 50% damage

tohit% - as much as you can, you really need to get as close to the 95% 'real' cap as possible and keep getting hits on him. This is slightly more important than damage - leoric life-steals 100% of the damage he does, potentially taking him above his starting HP. You've got to KEEP hitting him with enough damage do 'stun' him (that's all the damage that you need to make sure that you have), I believe that the number is mlvl -3 , which in leoric's case would be 13. So long as you're doing enough to stop him getting a shot in at you (and therefor stealing health) then you'll eventually wear him down - being a warrior also means that you'll get a clvl% chance to do double damage.
If you can get a clvl when you can get a swiftness weapon that will also help, but readiness is worthless.

Leoric is a pure melee battle - anything that will give you a better chance there is welcomed - AC, tohit%, You should pump dexterity until you max it to start. Resistances can go to hell for this battle, along with all the other pretty stuff (mana, light radius, mana steal, etc). Either go in and beat him about the head with a heavy implement, or walk around firing holy bolts - don't try to stand and batter him & fire bolt intermittently, he'll just swing, stun & then stunlock you as a warrior.

Another tip is to go in tile-by-tile and slowly clear out all his minions first - the last thing that you want is one of them, or him, stunning you because you're fighting 2 things at once.

You seem to indicate that you're playing multiplayer - another piece of advice would be to get someone else to help you - with 2 people attacking you're almost guaranteed to keep him stunned most of the time - or if you can get a sorc to bolt him, you can tank as the bolt won't affect you.

I don't really know how much you know about playing D1, so I hope I haven't seemed patronising

Good hunting!

-Bob

Messages In This Thread
Newbie questions - by Little Faith - 06-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Newbie questions - by dotPlaid - 06-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Newbie questions - by Bob - 06-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Newbie questions - by Little Faith - 06-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Newbie questions - by Moldran - 06-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Newbie questions - by aaa - 06-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Newbie questions - by Urza-DSF - 06-08-2004, 02:07 AM
Newbie questions - by JimBrownTx - 06-09-2004, 10:20 AM