Fun with Rangers
Ranger is generally Fanticism + High Physical Damage Bow while using a Holy Freeze Merc.

Since I was playing a Holy Shock Paladin in Hardcore I just decided to strap on a bow for those situations that it is just too dangerous to melee but I haven't invested any points into auras other than Holy Shock and Lightning Resistance.

Here I am peleting away with Holy Shock aura on and I see that my Lightning Damage is being transfered along the arrow. Intrigued by this, I switch to Holy Freeze, and get the same result. I switch to Holy Fire, and get the same thing. Now, I haven't done extensive testing but I didn't notice an significant decline in the damage delt melee vs missile usually produces (ie. 1/2 damage on LCS* when using Enchant).

Has anyone tested this before? Is the damage reduced when using missile attack? Is the damage bugged?

One thing is for sure, I am looking forward to not having to bother investing in Fanaticism to get high damage while using a ranged weapon, as for speed. According to Diablo2.de while using any of the -10 bows (Hunter or Composite and/or Exceptional/Elite of same) with 89% IAS you can happily pelt away at 9fpa. For just three Shael Runes + two Pieces Sigon's (Gage + other) you can easily break 90% IAS. Even though I will not be leeching a tinkers darn, it doesn't matter as I am not getting attacked either; Ye Ol' Meat shield is taking all the damage.
[Image: ThiefLogo.jpg]

"What cannot kill you, isn't worth fighting." - Anon.
Chameleon, The Lost Thief *Fades away into the darkness*

Messages In This Thread
Fun with Rangers - by Chameleon - 03-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Fun with Rangers - by adeyke - 03-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Fun with Rangers - by Assur - 03-13-2004, 05:36 AM
Fun with Rangers - by Chameleon - 03-13-2004, 07:22 AM
Fun with Rangers - by ShadowHM - 03-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Fun with Rangers - by Chameleon - 03-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Fun with Rangers - by ShadowHM - 03-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Fun with Rangers - by pervy_gaijin - 03-15-2004, 12:24 AM
Fun with Rangers - by Bob - 03-15-2004, 12:41 PM