I haven't seen the SOJ counter in a while...
I used to do that too. But now, instead, I plugged in another mouse so I could control both machines at once rather than having to keep switching. It's useful for when you only need to drop one thing and pick up with another, or you're in the trading window; just click on the check from both sides at the same time instead of switching. Of course, that only makes a difference if you have two monitors (I've got two, both connected to my main PC. Gotta love multi-monitor desktops!).

Heck, sometimes I take my KVM completely out of the picture by plugging my second keyboard, mouse and monitor all into the second PC. That only happens when I don't have anything to do later, and I'm feeling frisky; I sometimes play both machines at once. It's kind of hard in Hell mode. That's something you can't do with a KVM. The second it takes to switch is the second your character gets overrun and smoked. At least with both mice plugged in, and both monitors visible at the time, I can make a hasty retreat to a portal with both characters at once.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*

Messages In This Thread
I haven't seen the SOJ counter in a while... - by JustAGuy - 02-17-2004, 05:13 PM