WTF, mates.
That rules out Sacrifice, then. The nineteen percent was just a semi-reasonable figure with what I could buy/gamble at the merchants with some eventual success. This is single player, after all, and I dont' mule, so even greyform's just a matter of luck, and it's not something that I'd rely a character on.

Honor is almost doable, if I get lucky, but that's still the luck. I found all the necessary runes for it with Piotyr by about level 65, but I can't get by without leech for that long. And I still haven't found a phase blade with the proper sockets. Actually... I don't think I've actually found a phase blade. (pathetic I know; my official title is The Avatar of Murphy: I invoke Murphy's Law every moment of the day, especially in games)

Vengeance is the next possible option that I think of. I'm going for the big-damage-per-hit style, to contrast my earlier Zealot exploits, and that seems to fit pretty well. Though, Charge would work as well, but I've heard some problems with Charge's ability to hit moving monsters in the expansion pack. I haven't used it since patch 1.05, so I really wouldn't know.

Now, then, with Landra, my Enchantress, I've come up with some things that might be possible. Mongo Jerry's guide mentioned getting enough dexterity for maximum block. To my understanding, the amount needed is somewhere in the range of a-whole-helluva-lot, and I'm really not looking forward to that one.

I was thinking to cut down on points in dexterity and add them to strength instead, so that I can equip the stronger armor, and then use Shiver Armor to increase that even more, hopefully to the point that I can get by with only mediocre block. That's mainly due to the monsters somehow only having a 5 percent chance to hit with frozen armor open, but my only having a twenty percent chance to block with a spiked shield, and dexterity on par with both my strength and vitality, which are all I've put points into so far.

But with all of that, would I have the necessary defense to fend off the stronger minions of evil? Or would I need to get a defiance mercenary as well?

My original thought was to somehow get enough defense to completely negate the shield's purpose, and then use some sort of gigantic two-handed weapon, if only for the cool-factor. But I'm not sure it would be possible to get that much defense. Any clues on the correctness of this?

Ramble time over. So sad.

Messages In This Thread
WTF, mates. - by Bob the Beholder - 02-05-2004, 04:24 AM
WTF, mates. - by Wyrm - 02-05-2004, 04:55 AM
WTF, mates. - by Bob the Beholder - 02-05-2004, 06:45 AM
WTF, mates. - by Nightwind - 02-05-2004, 08:45 AM
WTF, mates. - by Wyrm - 02-06-2004, 04:24 AM
WTF, mates. - by Bob the Beholder - 02-06-2004, 05:08 AM
WTF, mates. - by GenericKen - 02-06-2004, 05:31 PM
WTF, mates. - by Boooyakasha - 02-11-2004, 04:27 PM