Cleansing bug?
AtomicKitKat,Dec 23 2003, 04:34 PM Wrote:Cleansing and Fade will reduce the amount of time shrines hover over you. Which sort of makes sense, since curses and shrines are essentially the same thing(which is why you can overwrite a curse with a shrine and vice versa)
Other fun tricks: have a "friendly" necro curse you to overwrite the IM you hate getting in CS from OKs; have a venom (slvl 1) friendly assassin whack you to stop that mega poison (silly when you could just use an antidote potion, I know).

My definition of "friendly" above is: hostile, but not really.

It causes some bad/comical client/server desync, but cursing a player with Slow Missiles can also be quite fun.

But the most amusing of all, to my way of thinking, is fooling around with Rabies. You can get Rabies carriers that themselves are taking no damage. And the real hilarity is this: the carrier of the Rabies ("victim" of the "friendly" druid) infects monsters, which, if they die from it, give xp/kill credit to the rabies druid (not the infection passer).

This would be a little bit like Thorns, if that always gave the kill credit to the aura caster (and not the damage reflectee). Frankly I don't know who gets kill credit in that case (or if it has changed in various D2 versions).

Last I checked kill credit for confuse/attract is generous (to the player). You really can't really on AS or intuition for this stuff (needs testing), as the recent posts about perpetual "1st kill" TC drops show.

Also, in beta, in case you missed the post, I pointed out that charges of Confuse will (stil, in release?) strip the boss aura from minions and other local monsters, which acts as a kind of "dispel magic" if you really don't like the aura in question.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
Cleansing bug? - by Guest - 12-19-2003, 10:04 PM
Cleansing bug? - by Crystalion - 12-19-2003, 11:55 PM
Cleansing bug? - by Guest - 12-20-2003, 05:22 PM
Cleansing bug? - by Sir_Die_alot - 12-20-2003, 08:36 PM
Cleansing bug? - by Guest - 12-21-2003, 12:15 AM
Cleansing bug? - by Ruvanal - 12-21-2003, 12:46 AM
Cleansing bug? - by GentlemanLoser - 12-22-2003, 09:10 PM
Cleansing bug? - by AtomicKitKat - 12-23-2003, 04:43 PM
Cleansing bug? - by Guest - 12-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Cleansing bug? - by Crystalion - 12-25-2003, 05:02 AM