shopping wands with charges
Brista,Dec 7 2003, 12:18 PM Wrote:wand/knife/head: level 36, mod1code: charged, mod1param 91, mod1min -60, mod1max -3

{...} I'm not quite sure how the min and max work

Sorry not to be more helpful, hopefully someone else can explain
Ruvanal et al will probably step in here, as I'm too tired to explain this in detail... {edit: and correctly, as I made a least one big mistake in the first attempt}

Quote:can a wand with level 3 charges of {lower resist} even exist?
afaik, yes. If you are clvl 94+ the ilvl for the sake of the charges level calc will be (as of beta) 99+ and the slvl is scaled on a reqlvl..99 pro rata basis. Thus the oddity that slvl *11* firestorm charges exist, instead of the 10 you'd expect as the max, given the meaning of mod1max--an additional "sweetness" is that a druid can use a club like that at clvl 1 = awesome killing power for level, very expensive recharge.

It might be sooner than 94 depending on how the rounding/calc is done, but that would be my best guess.

{EDIT: was sleepy, but not too sleepy to remember and correct info about #charges increasing...}

The mod1min parameter is the base # of charges, which essentially increases prorata with each bump up of slvl. IIRC (second attempt) the abs(modmax1)/8 (when it is flagged by being negative) times the base #charges is how many extra you get by ilvl99 (and "max" slvl, apart from the >ilvl 99 note above).

But at your level, you're stuck. You're only going to see slvl 2.

One alternate is to look for uniques and runeworded items with charges of DV or its close cousin, Cloak of Shadows. Too sleepy to enumerate that for you. Good Luck.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
shopping wands with charges - by apandapion - 12-06-2003, 01:14 PM
shopping wands with charges - by Epi - 12-06-2003, 07:49 PM
shopping wands with charges - by Brista - 12-07-2003, 12:27 PM
shopping wands with charges - by Crystalion - 12-07-2003, 02:04 PM
shopping wands with charges - by Brista - 12-07-2003, 09:09 PM
shopping wands with charges - by Crystalion - 12-08-2003, 12:48 AM
shopping wands with charges - by Ruvanal - 12-08-2003, 10:22 AM
shopping wands with charges - by Brista - 12-10-2003, 04:19 PM