Ladder or Normal? Whats your Style?
Hi Dyntheos,

I have a rather limited perspective of Ladder vs Normal for I have never played Ladder. But, I can say that the reason why I never have is because of the limitaions that you and kandrathe speak of.

My time online is limited due to the relentless RL, so when I do get to be online again I like to try to pick up where I left off. But, once in a while I do get tired of the same ol' stuff and create a new character. It can be a lot of fun to start fresh once in a while, but once again I like to build on my character so that it develops, well, character. Maybe I have missed out on some element of the game that others have found, but for me two of the best aspects of the game are:
1. The comradery of a band of fellow warriors banning together for the greater good.
2. The sometimes intense moments of anticipation when you see those unidentified items laying on the ground right after the monster you've been pounding away at has finally died. (Of course, this is only a secondary reaction to the elation of defeating a formidable enemy but what the hell, it still feels good.)

Another reason I've never tried HC is because, for me, it seems that it would be just to darn frustrating and depressing to develop a character only to loose him/her to an untimely timeout, (which seems to be even worse since the patch) or a poorly anticipated frost nova. Or maybe it's just because I don't think I'm a good enough player to cut the mustard for HC. I mean, for me, the game is challenging enough just in normal gameplay. I sure hope one of the requirments for posting on this forum isn't being an extraordinarily good player. :unsure:

You do raise an interesting point though. It does seem to me that the cooperative manner of gameplay would be much better on the ladder than in Public B.net. Unfortunatly, the band of players I used to play the old D1 with have mostly given up their weapons and spells and have tried to find their fortunes in RL, and for the most part Public B.net is a complete waste of a serious player's time, so nowadays I mostly play solo on the realms. Who knows, maybe I should give the Ladder a try.

p.s.
Anyone looking for a playing companion, feel free to look me up ;) .

Messages In This Thread
Ladder or Normal? Whats your Style? - by Dyntheos - 11-06-2003, 02:26 AM
Ladder or Normal? Whats your Style? - by Selby - 11-06-2003, 02:09 PM
Ladder or Normal? Whats your Style? - by Guest - 11-06-2003, 03:41 PM
Ladder or Normal? Whats your Style? - by Dyntheos - 11-07-2003, 01:19 AM
Ladder or Normal? Whats your Style? - by Decius - 11-07-2003, 06:32 AM
Ladder or Normal? Whats your Style? - by Lord_Olf - 11-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Ladder or Normal? Whats your Style? - by mr.faB - 11-07-2003, 04:25 PM
Ladder or Normal? Whats your Style? - by Baat - 11-08-2003, 03:40 AM
Ladder or Normal? Whats your Style? - by guachi - 11-09-2003, 06:47 AM
Ladder or Normal? Whats your Style? - by trait0r - 11-09-2003, 11:04 PM
Ladder or Normal? Whats your Style? - by Dyntheos - 11-29-2003, 06:04 AM