OMG No Hangovers
Hail Drasca,

I admit that I was too lazy to take a look at that link, but on the other hand, I don't have to read it since my reply has a rather different spin.

What I think is: If you have a hangover in the morning, you deserve it; it tells you that you have done something to your body that is not all that healty. Don't misunderstand me: I have been through quite a lot of hangovers myself, but I am grateful for them, for the above reason.

Envision someone inventing a narcotic drug / drink / pill / (your idea here) / whatever kind of drug that would have no side effects. Quite a lot of people would be consuming it continuously, I guess. SO, what I think is good about alcohol is that it gives you a hangover if you consume too much of it. Kind of works like a control mechanism, I guess.

Anyway, bottom line (and I don't buy the story, anyway): Alcohol without a hangover = vastly increased number of alcoholics = vastly increased number of alcohol-related deaths = bad idea!

Well, just my two cents...

Greetings,
Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea

Messages In This Thread
OMG No Hangovers - by Drasca - 10-08-2003, 01:25 PM
OMG No Hangovers - by Guest - 10-08-2003, 02:42 PM
OMG No Hangovers - by Occhidiangela - 10-08-2003, 03:26 PM
OMG No Hangovers - by Doc - 10-08-2003, 03:38 PM
OMG No Hangovers - by Rhydderch Hael - 10-08-2003, 04:10 PM
OMG No Hangovers - by TaMeOlta - 10-08-2003, 04:44 PM
OMG No Hangovers - by Lord_Olf - 11-02-2003, 10:04 PM