The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Well, I decided to try a run at the level 8 time, assuming that I could always have a high level sorc get the Malus in about 2 minutes tops.....

In 6 attempts, my fastest time to level 8 was 9:48 (run 4 -- found *3* XP shrines), my slowest was 18:10 (my first run -- too much backtracking and not planning well).

The remaining ones were 13-16 minutes apiece.

This was twinking a druid with the following equipment (all gear has no level requirements):

Khalim's Will (the ultimate twink weapon)
3 socket mask with 3 chipped rubies
2 socket quilted armor with 2 jewels of envy
2 socket shield with 2 jewels of envy
A magic sash (for the extra row)
Charms with no level requirement that add +8 to str.
4 healing pots, 4 stamina potions and some TP scrolls
magic rings that I found
magic gloves that I found
magic boots that I found

Stats: All to vitality

Skills in this order:
Level 2: Werewolf
Level 3: Poison creeper
Level 4: Lyncanthropy
Level 5: Lyncanthropy
Level 6: Oak Sage
Level 7: Lyncanthropy

All runs were made on Players 2 (I had a 2nd char in the game unpartied).

Methodology
Stick normal attack on the RMB, hold it down, and start running. Autoattack monsters. Follow the paths and kill everything in the way. Once you have Werewolf, use it. Once you have Poison creeper, use it. Once you have Oak Sage, use it. Use stamina potions if you run out of stamina. No though required. FE monsters, no problem. LE monsters like Rakanishu - no problem. The incredibly quick attack of the WW is more than enough.

And as I find no level twink gear and jewelry and rings, I keep passing them to the next char. The beauty of this is that the gear can be used to twink any startup char, provided that I have enough str charms to get them to 23. I've found Hsauru's pieces, the Pelta shield, Hands of Broc, and this *wonderful* rare twink ammy with NO LEVEL REQUIREMENT:

Bone Necklace
+1 to strength
+1 to maximum damage
+2 mana
Replenish life +2
+9 maximum stamina
5% fire resistance

I'm actually going to try jumping to Dark Wood as a quicker method. Will report back with the results.

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Zofox - 10-10-2003, 04:30 AM