notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills
Nechtán,Oct 7 2003, 08:17 AM Wrote:Mod testing proved that using a spear attack that takes a long time to hit (when chilled or otherwise) the skill works 'reasonably fine', but with a fast javelin (and some animdata.d2 modifications for a 3 frame base speed) every other attack shorts out right away.
Sorry, outside my expertise.

Quote:Which makes me wonder: those missiles with a 4 frame delay between hits, if they are already slow and have SM cast on them, can they actually hit twice?
Actually the way I discovered this "bug" was because I was trying to understand how I might make Blade Sentinel more effective (which includes the "standard" question: what does Slow Missiles do to this missile?). Depends on the data, but it is entirely possible there are SM profits to be made. These kinds of "ah ha" tricks can go a long time without discovery even when the underlying mechanism is known (e.g. the "laser" was published ages ago, but how many people know you can use Chill Armor to obliterate those annoying Magma Demon type monsters?).

Quote:Which makes me wonder #2: Nova, it slows down until it is stationary at its maximum range, I pray to god it has a NextDelay above 4 or it may actually hit twice at max range.
Player Novas appear to have NextDelay of 4.

Quote:Which makes me wonder #3: Why can Firestorm hit more than once? I understand why Twister will never do so, but the firestorm fire 'pierces' in a sense too, so shouldn't it also be affected by this bug?
Firestorm doesn't have a NextDelay.

Quote:Which makes me wonder #4: When a freezing arrow pierces, won't the bug immunize the target to either the freeze splash or the arrow?
AFAIK neither Freezing Arrow or its splash missiles have NextDelay.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by relight - 10-07-2003, 04:44 AM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Crystalion - 10-07-2003, 09:05 AM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Guest - 10-07-2003, 05:04 PM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Guest - 10-07-2003, 09:35 PM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Guest - 11-02-2003, 04:05 AM