notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills
Quote:QUOTE 
The bonus is just a straight +(lvl*5) AR.  The code for the +AR% is item_tohit_percent.
I was afraid of that. With an AR of only 5 I can't even see the point of a Conviction Paly helping such a rushee out. This whole thing seems pretty broken to me (a 5% minimum to-hit attack that checks every frame and thus still hits just seems a screwy way to go about coding).

If I am interpreting the way the minions are being set up correctly, the bladecreeper will have the AR of the caster plus the listed bonus. So unless you are in an area where you are way ahead of the mlvl-clvl curve, the to-hit chance should be better than 5%. Still the most important effect here is the repeated attempts to get a hit (at least until a successful one).

Quote:QUOTE 
The missile will be able to interact with all targets in its area of effect
Hmm. Obviously I should add missiles.txt to the list of files I scan. Just how large is this AoE roughly in terms of the "range" numbers we know and love?

missiles.txt size=3, compared to things like arrows size=1 or 'shock field on ground' size=2 or armageddonexplosion size=3. Some of things in missiles.txt are hard to interpret and get a handle on. The size seems to be in Tile Units. The size=3, I would look at being about the distance that you could closely space three gems dropped on the ground.

Quote:Some, apparently (for example) certain infamous Diablo attacks, have a short NextDelay.
Of course this effect can also be the basis of a potentially a nasty exploit, reminiscent of D1 (still to this day) having missile collision failure for a player traveling due east or due west (the amazing firewall walking swami trick etc.).

For most of the missiles with a NextDelay, it is to avoid having the effect deliver far too much damage. The delay is to allow the missile(s) effect to pass through the target while only damaging once per 'volley' as opposed to once per missile that hits. For example the Sorceress Nova skill is (iirc) composed of 96 overlapping missiles that are spreading out. With their individual size and shape, there would be about 1/4 that amount that are overlapping the target in anyone frame. Not to mention that the target could still be in the overlap area for 2 or 3 frames of time depending on the size of the target. With most of the delays that are 4 or less this will not really be a problem. Although it is something of a problem with a fast acting missile like the chainlightning ones that might keep occillating between two targets or get in the way of spamming some repeatedly before the first set is dissipated (amazon: Lightning Strike for example). Usually it is the long delays (10 and 25) that will be interfering with the activity of other missiles with this NextDelay setting.

Also you may want to consider modding the NextDelay factor to a higher value for your testing. Or even putting it on a different missile altogether for the testing purposes. Putting it on say firebolt with a NextDelay=250 might prove useful for certain testing.

Messages In This Thread
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Ruvanal - 10-06-2003, 10:03 AM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by relight - 10-07-2003, 04:44 AM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Guest - 10-07-2003, 05:04 PM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Guest - 10-07-2003, 09:35 PM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Guest - 11-02-2003, 04:05 AM