v1.10s; Sometimes using Amp Damage is inferior
Quote:But, last and surely not least, they don't mention that having the Sanctuary aura up apparently grants your melee and ranged attacks the ability to ignore undead resistance to physical completely.

In other words, in some situations, Sanctuary is a "one point wonder".

Sanctuary ignores undead's PI, and also adds to melee damage. It's, indeed, an anti-undead "one point wonder". I must add that this effect comes from 1.09. Several times I fought undeads PI MsLebs at realms, and people always asked how the hell I could stand them. Using LSabre, 90 lightning res and leeching from them, was the answer. I enjoyed everytime I had to fight an oblivion or ghost boss, because I could leech. The few times I had to use it as a must was when surrounded by skellies and couldn't leech a single point.

Quote:Of course, if you are Amping/Decrepifying the monsters, I suppose Sanctuary also probably negates the benefit of getting undead below zero physical resist, but I've not tested that.

At least in 1.09 that didn't happen. I used Atmas and everytime the undeads were cursed, they became of butter, literally vanishing. I assumed that the game was taking Sanctuary before applying AD.

I haven't tested it thoroughly in 1.10s, just the leeching and extra melee damage. I haven't noticed if AD is working before Sanctuary, because the few undeads I've fought died too fast after switching to Sanctuary. Btw, I thought I posted about it a year ago and someone replied it was a bug. I guess my memory isn't the same.
[Image: 37671-NicatorSig0326.jpg]

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Messages In This Thread
v1.10s; Sometimes using Amp Damage is inferior - by Nicator - 10-05-2003, 08:56 AM