The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Crystalion,Sep 16 2003, 12:46 AM Wrote:...the only thing I can see in favor of throwing axes (2 base types) over Javalins (5 base types) is quantity.

I don't recall whether only throwing mastery applies (i.e. no double mastery via axe mastery) when you are throwing, not meleeing...?

Assassins are a special case. They have throwing AR problems as well, but a huge variety of things they can throw (any weapon other than throwing potions contributes) at high speed (5 per second, with area spamming). For them socketing a cruel with some Eths is quite easy and the use of uniques and runeword items as good throwing fodder can be simply amazing (Blade Fury transmits effects).

Yes, I'm suggesting that any competent two person team will find better bootstrap strategies than any poor unfortunate solo player.
There are speed and range issues mentioned in the first Hybrid build guide that I found to be accurate. I stopped being lazy and looked up the author. PsiSig. Axe Masterery is for melee. Actually, I got nice axes long ago, increased stack size and leech. The doubleswing bonus helps a lot, so I have other questions to be answered (or a monster that doesn't 4 hit kill) before I fool with different axes. That the weapon can be tweaked is a given, it's crowd control I have some concerns over (I simply can activate too many targets, the game becomes more work than I'd like). My LCS says 95% chance to hit most of the time, plus there is the boost from Double Throw/ and Throwing Masterey.

Ah, I've never played an Assassin, surely you mean 'can throw any "throwing" weapon'. But then you say "socketing a cruel". Pray tell, what throwing weapon has sockets?

Ravenclaw: This is a first char plan item, I try to restrict to < clvl 12 items for twinking. But I am also assuming that clvl 20 becomes a true barrier to NM Hellforge. I suppose you are off thinking about clvl 40 and Hell.

The synergistic effects of multi-player teams are indeed large. The problem is creating such teams. The hometown LAN clubs have tremendous advantages here.

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Ferengi - 09-16-2003, 03:20 AM