The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Walkiry,Sep 15 2003, 04:28 PM Wrote:But does it really matter? I mean, once you've poisoned them that's it.                                                                         

Although at a couple of points you'll have to wait for the mob to die.

I'd be interested in the thrower results anyway, best way to compare is with real data ;)
a) yup, they will die soon, but live long enough to be a threat in later acts. I can remember getting killed several times in CS by monsters waiting to die.

B) I don't wait.

c) Take a peak at various thrower guides, they were becoming very popular last xmas. Hybrid builds are similar.

For your rules, give up the axe for the first throwing weapon available. Keep the shield until clvl 12, then keep it on one weapon switch. Increased attack speed is less important than more dex, i.e. damage is definately King. Save skill points until clvl 6, then add to T masterery and Double Swing, eventually raising the synergy skill in preference to TM. When you can get throwing axes, use them, good stack size, but use anything with mana leech or your Triumphant attribute. To my surprise, points in Warcries are wasted, as you never really need them. Do not pump vit, dead monsters cannot kill you.

My twinkie uses the 3 unique shields, and mixed sets for +AR/clvl, +HP. I gamble throwing weapons to find keepers. I use the CubeMod to reroll anything over clvl 6. This is the only good way to discover what will truely be available in 1.10, website data is likely to be wrong, especially on charms. I start with 5 grand charms giving +20dex, thus throwing axes. I'm still discovering a build plan, /players2 has me around clvl 14-15 in the desert of Act2. I headed straight to Andy, relearned some (but not all) maze tricks, and am headed straight to staff. I'll be clvl 20 before I leave the act.

But you really need to try it yourself. Javalins are nice, but throwing axes are really, really nice.

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Ferengi - 09-15-2003, 10:06 PM