The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Crystalion,Sep 13 2003, 04:06 AM Wrote:nearly but not quite killing
This reminds me that I don't think I ever got around to sharing one of the more amusing actively assisted twink scenarios...

In normal, if you've dealt with regen (either though the quirks thereof or by PMH), then you can static field monsters "nearly" to death quite easily and let a xp rushee harvest them with some otherwise soso AoE (area of effect) skill, like Holy Fire (eeewww, ick).

One rather sick thought is a game with a rushee accompanied by a Sorc with a bunch of Paly xp "meat tenderizers" that the rushee rotates through (Sorc accepts next Paly invite, invites rushee, takes portal, statics, rushee accepts, takes portal, leaves group, toasts masses of tenderized monsters... goes to join the Sorc at the next ready Paly's area).

The Paly would have a Passion weapon (+10 blind), Hwain's belt (PMH) and a crummy shield (low smite base damage). The Paly gathers and works a crowd, touching everything with weenie smite to PMH (easy to see, since the touched critters with PMH have the blindness ball over their heads) and tells the Sorc when the meat is prepped for Static (to nearly no HPs--Static is an auto-skill in this regard).

Since the blinds, in normal (where static works) last ~45 seconds, the crowd will still be just standing around when the rushee shows up to slaughter them in an instant.

The purpose of having multiple Paly's, of course, is to get realm players N and rushee time efficiency (certainly NOT rusher time efficiency, I know). Of course, if you're level 20+ or sleazed past Baal, you can just start endless cow games instead (one of the Paly's jobs would be to kill outright anything that doesn't blind, like bosses).

If this seems like an absurd amount of effort/coordination for a group to agree to, consider the case that they are power leveling a new Sorc to level 25 (the point at which hanger-on xp leeching works well) to get started on an uber-Enchantress for the group. (I know, I know, other non-skill point requiring twinks work pretty well. Still, can you imagine the visual here? Hilarious)

The concept isn't much use past normal or to use team effort to boost a character up the ladder. For ladder boost you probably want a team supporting a (non-grouped) Necro, who grabs all the xp by virtue of CE. Another reason why CE shouldn't scale with Players X.

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Crystalion - 09-13-2003, 04:49 AM