The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Crystalion,Sep 9 2003, 07:55 AM Wrote:Aid: twink of Hellforge Hammer; assistance:none; difficulty normal; Players 8 (always); no exploits used... 28:34 (min:sec).
1. Horadric malus, getting to level 8.

No twink, players 1, no assistance, normal difficulty. Using the Assassin: 29:09

Obvious: Burst of speed. At level 8 (slvl 3) you'll outrun absolutely everything in the barracks, no need to jump past the monsters with leap.

Another tip: Accumulate all the poison potions you come accross and use them in the later parts prior to the monastery (tamoe highlands and maybe the Marsh) since by then your to-hit% has gone down to some 70%-ish (until clvl 6 your mastery will keep your AR somewhat decent, if you're lucky and come accross a diamond and a socketed armour or helm you're set). If you're lucky and get fast running monsters get a huge mob following you, hit an exp shrine and nail them :)

If I had used my poison pots more wisely I'm sure I could have finished under 25 minutes. Also I should have really stocked up in healing pots as soon as I had enough money (I did a total of 4 trips to town, not very efficient).

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Walkiry - 09-09-2003, 08:14 PM