FF VIII Love
Quote: Draw a spell from him, then use it against him

IIRC, if you just draw-cast, he'll counter.

Yeah, I figured that out. He actualy counters with Curaga ( :blink: ), so you take 25% of his life off, and he heals you for 2500+?!?

In any case, Squall was the only character who could reliably Draw in that fight (I guess ince Zell and Selphie's Magic stats were low..) so he got free healing the entire time, but the other two had to scramble for heals (and I even had to use a Phoenix Down on Selphie when Diablos bum-rushed her right after a Gravitas, argh).

On a side note, I used another 'Down on the boss in the Timber train, leaving me with 2 left. Since in FF VIII you only get cash in intervals as a salary (so it's relatively finite), I've beem saving all I could. What sort of things can/should I be buying?

Quote:I'm also very glad that FFX introduced shortened cutscenes for the summonings

Yeah, this would be nice too. GF scenes slow me way the heck down - it's a big reason why I don't use them much at all.

Quote: One thing you can do about Diablos is to junction Blind to your Status Attack. I think GF Siren can learn it; can't really remember, it's been a while. Keep using your normal attack, and eventualy he'll go blind. He won't be able to hit you with his physical attack most of the time. His other attacks can't kill you. If he does hit you once in a blue moon, just use a phoneix down. I set the options to attack, item, draw, and GF. No need for magic; just drink potions.

Man, I wish I had thought of that beforehand. That woulda come in very handy - and allowed me to take advantage of some darn cool limit breaks (go go Zell!).

I've been using Cure to heal (I have 300+ copies spread around) since I've been hesitant to spend gil. I'm a rank 17 (IIRC) SeeD agent and have something like 24k in my account, but I have this irrational certainty that as soon as I buy some Potions/Phoenix Downs and miscellaneous crap, something will come along that I'll need to buy but I won't have the money. Bah.

Oh yeah... Train hijacking = Mission Impossible-style coolness factor. OMG so cool..
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]

Messages In This Thread
FF VIII Love - by WarLocke - 08-12-2003, 03:32 AM
FF VIII Love - by Quark - 08-12-2003, 03:53 AM
FF VIII Love - by Archon_Wing - 08-12-2003, 04:04 AM
FF VIII Love - by WarLocke - 08-12-2003, 06:01 AM
FF VIII Love - by [wcip]Angel - 08-12-2003, 06:30 AM
FF VIII Love - by Archon_Wing - 08-12-2003, 06:43 AM
FF VIII Love - by WarLocke - 08-12-2003, 07:16 AM
FF VIII Love - by Archon_Wing - 08-12-2003, 07:50 AM
FF VIII Love - by [wcip]Angel - 08-12-2003, 09:47 AM
FF VIII Love - by Quark - 08-12-2003, 01:12 PM