notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills
lemekim,Aug 2 2003, 05:42 AM Wrote:The limit makes me wonder about the whole purpose of the 2 second delay - spamming the trap would not really add to the damage (since you can only have 5 going at once)
Well, while I find recast timers annoying, I understand exactly why they are imposed, and Blade Sentry is no different than the others...

That is, imagine I could spam out 5 Sentries and then open a door my Shadow is blocking/tanking:

crowd of monsters, 5 whirling blades, 13 seconds duration, each blade hitting, say, two monsters per second (because of the tight packing) for 3/8ths of your normal weapon damage... ballpark of +4x your normal weapon damage per second for quite some time without having to do anything to keep it up. What a deal.

By throwing a recast timer in there you have to really work at achieving that including lost time in the heat of battle when you could/should be doing something else.

Clearly Blade Sentry benfits from the Cloak of Shadows -DR% motionless monsters in a blender more than the other traps (although I suspect Wake of Inferno really prefers immobile monsters).

If you could, ala the Cow Level, rely on dense monster packing with CoS control, then I imagine pumping Blade Sentry to have more in the air at once makes some sense for a specialty build (hmm, pumped CoS for *duration* and pumped Blade Sentry for *duration* doesn't sound so weird when after a few corpses you drop a couple Death Sentries).

Makes me wonder... are the rules for monsters being immune to CoS the same as immunity to blind/Dim Vision albeit that CoS doesn't suffer the nm/hell time reduction penalty?
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Crystalion - 08-02-2003, 08:04 AM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by relight - 10-07-2003, 04:44 AM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Guest - 10-07-2003, 05:04 PM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Guest - 10-07-2003, 09:35 PM
notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills - by Guest - 11-02-2003, 04:05 AM