World of Warcraft Classic Stress Test
(08-08-2019, 07:30 PM)LavCat Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 05:32 PM)Frag Wrote: Hey ya'll - there's another stress test happening in about 30m through tomorrow evening. Still requires an active subscription to participate in.

Yes, I don't exactly know why, but I'm planning on playing. It only helps a little, but you can spend your ingame gold to buy tokens to play Classic 'for free' - I bought them early in the year when they were dirt cheap so I don't have to pay for a while to play Classic. Prices have gone up with the new raid that came out on BFA and people realizing they could cash in their time in Live to play Classic, but depending on your wealth you can still play for free.

Now I'm confused (which is nothing new). Is the Classic subscription an additional charge to the regular WoW subscription?

Sorry for confusing you, a few expansions ago as a way to combat gold sellers (I think) Blizz introduced the 'WoW Token' model where someone could pay them $20.00 for this token, and then sell it on the AH for a bunch of gold and the player buying it could then use the token for a 'free' month of subscription cost.

So Blizz is making $5-8 more a month than if someone is subbing the regular way and the person buying the token gets tens of thousands of gold for it. Just like anything else in the commercial space, it has cost fluctuations. Lower when demand is down, higher when demand is up.

I bought mine when everyone was depressed about the state of BFA Smile
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.

Messages In This Thread
World of Warcraft Classic Stress Test - by Frag - 06-20-2019, 01:13 PM
RE: World of Warcraft Classic Stress Test - by Frag - 08-08-2019, 08:40 PM