base attack speeds for char. class and wpn types?
Sorry if the answer for this question is already readily found elsewhere...

Back in D2C (around 1.06 I think), there were attack-speed charts posted by Jarulf or Trucidation (or Lemekim?) that lists the base attack speed (normal attack, not factoring the skill-based attacks yet) for each character class (eg. Paladin, Barbarian) when using each weapon type (eg. maces, 2-handed swords, polearms, etc.)

I remember saving that post before (yeah, it's a long time back and I stopped playing D2 for a long while). Now for the Druids and Assasins, could someone post the base attack speeds (I think it was in frames/second) for each weapon type?

(I recall that staves were mixed with axes and 2-handed mauls such that since Sorceress are most efficient with using staves (assuming they do melee), sorceresses have staves/axes/2h-mauls as their fastest weapon type.)

1-handed maces/scepters/swords/axes are bunched as 1 weapon type with regards to speed too. I wonder if the same is still true in LoD 1.09?

~~~~~~

(the following questions are probably better off as different post... anyway)

Specifically, I want to know which is the fastest weapon type for a Druid (I'm at a lost as to what kind of weapon should my beginner L20ish Druid use). As my Druid just found a Deathspade unique axe, I love using its +4 mana/kill when casting spells (how should an elemental Druid regain mana if they don't mana leech?). However, when I need to melee (switching to werewolf mostly), I find the Deathspade axe very slow... (I think it was much faster when he was using a socketed scepter as his weapon).

Right now, the Druid isn't built for any specific skill (just did 1 point to every skill to get a taste of how the Druid skills work).

~~~~~~

Similarly, the Assasin -- do they really have to use claws (I know the double-claw attack skill only works on claws)? If I find some high-dmg 1-h weapon, can I still use it with the Assasin skills? Can't seem to find any good claws (she's just L18+ or something). I was wondering which type of weapons is the Assasin fastest at (aside from claws)?

Both questions bring us back to my main question above -- what are the attack speed for each weapon type for Assasin and Druid (and if there are any changes with regards to weapon-type-attack-speed to the old D2C character classes when comparing D2C 1.06 and LoD 1.09)?

Messages In This Thread
base attack speeds for char. class and wpn types? - by dta - 07-25-2003, 12:02 PM