Made in "Your Country Here" ; Is it important to you?
(10-05-2012, 12:03 PM)ShadowHM Wrote: P.S. Deebye, if you are reading this still - when/if you drive through the town of Wiarton, check out the small butcher shop called Sullivans (on the main street) for their sausages and smoked bacon. Heart I will be stopping on my way home from our Thanksgiving gathering to collect a sufficient supply of both to get us through the winter. Cool

I haven't checked this thread in awhile. Sorry for the late response.

Unfortunately I don't have any chances to just "drive through" Wiarton from London, and it looks like it would be a 2.5 hour drive if I went there directly. Stupid Bruce Peninsula, leading to nowhere.

My ultimate dream is to live within walking distance of a butcher, a baker, and a fruit and vegetable place. I remember when I was a child in elementary school, I lived close enough to school that I would come home for lunch. My dad also worked in a bank close enough that he would walk home for lunch as well. As fate would have it, a bakery was on his route home. Every day he would stop by on his way home for lunch and buy a freshly-baked loaf of bread, and my mom would have cold cuts/egg salad/tuna salad and other stuff ready for us to make awesome sandwiches for lunch. I remember the bread being still warm and having the most amazing smell.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Made in "Your Country Here" ; Is it important to you? - by DeeBye - 10-06-2012, 02:16 AM