Made in "Your Country Here" ; Is it important to you?
(10-03-2012, 05:27 PM)shoju Wrote: It came up in discussion for me the other day when a friend came over and we were chatting about music equipment. He "only" plays American Made Fender Stratocasters, and American Made Gibson Les Paul's, and only uses Mesa Boogie Amps, because "Americans are getting over run by other countries because no one buys our stuff."

Yeah so for me the reason why people want to buy 'local' or national is important. For me bringing down transportation costs (in CO2) is a very important reason.
So without knowing the friends you are talking about I find their reasoning a bit selfish, especially coming from the home of capitalism (can you get the same quality for a lower price, you just look at the price). If someone that apparently plays 'several stratocasters and Les Pauls' (and so has no money issues) says a thing like that I wonder what his stance is on using Saudi oil for his car.

Furthermore I find it more important how things are produced. Fair trade from other countries is better than child labour in my own.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Made in "Your Country Here" ; Is it important to you? - by eppie - 10-03-2012, 07:25 PM