D3's difficulties get CNN coverage - again.
(07-10-2012, 08:08 PM)Jester Wrote:
(07-10-2012, 06:46 PM)ViralSpiral Wrote: Interesting that things have gone this far. How the mighty have fallen.
Is it just me, or have gamers become spoiled, entitled little brats?
Are we becoming impossible to please? Or am I just noticing it more?
-Jester
Yes to both.
(07-11-2012, 03:18 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: I don't ever remember asking for ... snip to And there we come back around to what gamers did say.
Beautiful post, my old friend. Very well said.
(07-11-2012, 07:05 PM)ViralSpiral Wrote: What amuses me is the amount of overt hostility and snippiness on these forums which was rarely a trait of the old days, except when we had a flood of goofballs during the LoD beta.
I think your memory fails you somewhat, given the number of folks I chided or flamed back in days of old ...
I occasionally got some guidance from Bolty or Gris, advising me to back off.
Gee, that even happened here somewhat recently.
(07-11-2012, 11:01 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 10:28 PM)RedRadical Wrote: And you are making a tool of yourself. Because everything Blizz says is the gospel, right? Rolleyes Speak for your fucking self before calling anyone else an idiot homie.
Occhi Wrote:Griselda wept. Huh
Yeesh. This is why we can't have nice things.
Yep.
Quote:LMAO. Woe is me, I'm shaking in my boots. I guess I'm supposed to put my caring face on now, right? My bad... Report it, copy and paste it, hell, take a freaking picture if you like and hang it on your wall, I couldn't care less. You seriously can't be any older than 7 - and thats being generous......"waaaaaaaaahhhhh, Red you are so mean, I'm telling my mommy on you!!!!". Loser. You have much growing up to do, podna^^
This is known as an own goal, in some circles.
(07-12-2012, 11:38 AM)MongoJerry Wrote: What's interesting is that Diamond Skin can also be cast while you are feared by Nightmarish. I haven't tested Mirror Images with Nightmarish, yet, but I suspect that since it breaks other cc's that it also breaks Nightmarish.
Look forward to MJ's battle report! Strat!
(07-12-2012, 07:35 PM)Mavfin Wrote: I see one set of people in agreement, and another set mostly not in agreement. One is more visible, because the ones not in agreement are spending more time playing the game, rather than sitting on forums. (I'm at work, that's why I'm on here.)
And another "I busted myself" kind of "own goal" arrives, on schedule. :-)
(07-13-2012, 07:29 PM)RedRadical Wrote: Amazon isn't the reason the game failed. The reason the game failed, is because the game is very flawed, and the endgame in particular, sucks.
The game is young yet.

I hope you recall how long a period of time Starcraft I kept itself in popular play. One patch at a time a variety of balance and bug issues slowly but surely got fixed. I suspect Blizz is not only capable of doing the same with D III, but intends to do just that. Note, however, the care they took, and how they didn't rush patches, even though the fan base kept kvetching away about it.

Hang in there, Red, and remember that old line from Kung Fu:
Patience, Grashopper.
(07-13-2012, 11:34 PM)RedRadical Wrote: Well, I have bought ONE piece of gear on the RMAH. ONE, and that is because I had zero luck being able to purchase a better one on the GAH, or have one drop for me in doing hundreds of Butcher runs.
Red, this reminds me of that fellow who was a cattle rancher. For years, he ranched cattle, sold his cattle, beef, a bit of milk, did breeding, and was generally an upstanding citizen.

But, as he reminisced bitterly into a beer one fine evening at the local saloon ..

"You go and screw one goat, and what to people remember?"
Quote:
(Bolty)
Red ... snip ...
It's time to move on. It's becoming pathological here. If you don't like the game, fine, you've stated why and made your point a large number of times. Leave the place to those who do like it, I as have. We'll find something else to do, like Torchlight II or something. Smile
Bolty, have you hung up your spikes? Sad
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
RE: D3's difficulties get CNN coverage - again. - by Occhidiangela - 07-18-2012, 12:20 AM