D3's difficulties get CNN coverage - again.
The last paragraph hit home for me. I am having fun. I don't care that Inferno hands me my butt early on with nasty affixes on the baddies. I pound at it until I can't afford to anymore and I go back and farm for more gear and gold. Then I do it again.

I don't expect it to be WoW. I don't expect an "end game" that is anything more than running different classes or doing different areas better or even self limiting a toon (read variant), although I don't think I will go so far as hardcore.

I try to keep myself from reading all the back and forth about what is wrong and how it isn't being fixed fast enough, if at all. I do end up reading them, though, and I realize something. There is so much passion because people see something they want to love but it has disappointed them and they can't get past it. They want it to come around so that they once again can love it enough to ignore any remaining faults.

I also relate my feelings about it to real life. Have you ever been with someone you just loved being around? You know they have rough edges but you see fun times while doing your best to work through those rough edges. Everyone around you keeps telling you what is wrong with them and they wonder why you keep hanging around. It makes you a bit sad and it weighs on you but you are loyal and you hang in there and you hope the rough edges smooth out so others can see what you see.

I see fun and I sincerely hope things come around so you all can have fun too. Cool

[edit] As I was posting this, Final Jeopardy was asked. The clue was "In 1989 he said 'You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.'" The answer was Steve Jobs but I think Blizzard did just that, they gave customers what they thought the customers said they wanted and then the customers wanted something different when they finally got it.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

Messages In This Thread
RE: D3's difficulties get CNN coverage - again. - by LochnarITB - 07-10-2012, 09:54 PM