Mutant Chronicles is one of my all-time fav movies, but no one else has seen it.
A friend of mine complained:

Quote:Old news. I saw a synopsis of the script years before it was actually put together, and even when it was released (in Europe), it was in an unfinished form. This isn't really Mutant Chronicles. It's some vague post-apocalyptic movie that borrows names for a few characters, and some very tangential elements, for the sake of branding. If you take a look at the movie poster, you can get ample warning from that alone that it really has little to do with the actual setting in any of its forms.

For starters, it's on Earth. The Dark Legion? It's just some alien device in Europe, turning people into mutants. Mitch Hunter? Some guy with a shotgun. The Brotherhood? Vaguely religious people in robes. All the power-armor, over-the-top weaponry, retro-WWI styling, etc., of the books and the art? Not a hint of it here. Mega-cities, terraformed planets, genetically-engineered dinosaurs? Nuh-uh.

I know it's geek-cliche to say, "Wah! It's nothing like the book/game/TV show!" but, seriously, it isn't. It's nothing I lose sleep over -- I mean, it's not like many people have even heard of it, let alone care - but it's still a stinker with the name of a cheesy franchise I had some fond memories of draped over it, so I find that a bit sad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mutant Chronicles is one of my all-time fav movies, but no one else has seen it. - by Tuftears - 06-21-2012, 11:43 PM