Max Schaefer talks about TL2 and D3
(06-14-2012, 12:26 AM)Hammerskjold Wrote: And unfortunately, a few are just plain deal breakers for me. I doubt bliz would release an offline mode anytime soon, so it's unfortunate because there are aspects of it that I really want to experience.

Well I hear some people will say, just pick up all the other myriad Diablo like games coming out. Here's the thing, there actually isn't very many like it. I'm not being metaphorical here, I mean there really isn't that many games that has offline mode the way Diablo1&2 does.

I don't understand this nostalgia for the offline D2 mode. I found the single player version of D2 to be incredibly easy and boring. The non-battlenet servers were full of mods that overpowered your characters even more and dropped rares and uniques on every drop. If I hadn't logged into Battlenet, I would've given up on the game in less than a week, and if I hadn't found hardcore, I would've dropped the game after a month. No exaggeration, I preferred playing hardcore on battlenet over a laggy 56k modem than playing offline. I don't understand the desire to go back to any kind of offline play.

Quote:If this were just an inferior game, I would be upset, but not like this.

Regarding comments like these about D3 being "inferior" to D2, I can only come up with two explanations for them: 1) The person making that claim never actually played D2 or 2) That person's memory is fogged by either drugs or nostalgia for their youth or both. D2 was a crappy, broken, buggy, and unbalanced game that was only fun because of whacky ways players created to make up for its crappy, broken, buggy, and unbalanced regular gameplay. D3 is just such a much more polished game in every way from D2 or especially LOD, that I just can't fathom how anyone could possibly say that it's worse than D2.

Now, it is possible for a reasonable person to say that D3 isn't fun for them or that you wish certain aspects of the game would be changed. But to say that it's worse than D2? Preposterous.

Messages In This Thread
Max Schaefer talks about TL2 and D3 - by Mavfin - 06-13-2012, 04:51 AM
RE: Max Schaefer talks about TL2 and D3 - by MongoJerry - 06-14-2012, 02:09 AM