Max Schaefer talks about TL2 and D3
(06-14-2012, 12:26 AM)Hammerskjold Wrote: If there is any other ARPG for PC that has offline mode, with the same kind of fun as D1&2 without some of the more dated elements, by all means please list them here.

If you or anyone else has not played Median XL, I cannot recommend this Diablo 2 Mod enough. It's by far the best Action RPG experience I've ever had. It has a large learning curve but pays dividends once you learn the item and crafting system. The game can be a bit AoE spammy, but the new skills certainly balance out the number of mobs on the screen.

There's hundreds of new runewords, 500+ uniques, set items that drastically change your character, tons of affixes that grant new skills or effects, level challenges, and new endgame system of uberquests. The uberquests consists of completely new dungeons that require you to adapt to a strategy unique to that level. In addition there are summoning uberquests and heroic levels which test the limits of your characters.

If you want to wait a few weeks, the Mod to a Mod, Median XL Ultimative is getting a overhaul. It's an even harder version of Median XL and comes with more features, so I can't quite recommend it if you're new to Median XL. I've uploaded some videos of a Sorc in the starting areas of Median XL: Ultimative if you want to take a peek.

As far as other ARPGs I can recommend, see below:
Divine Divinity
Nox
Sacred Gold
Titan Quest Gold with mods

But you'll find not many scratch the same itch D2 does.

Messages In This Thread
Max Schaefer talks about TL2 and D3 - by Mavfin - 06-13-2012, 04:51 AM
RE: Max Schaefer talks about TL2 and D3 - by MonTy - 06-14-2012, 01:38 AM