Max Schaefer talks about TL2 and D3
(06-13-2012, 07:39 PM)MonTy Wrote: Can't wait to get my hands on the retail version of TL2, I think it'll be a very fun ARPG. And I'm really interested in designing a class or two with their game editor (as I find their class/skill system to be one of the weak points).

You know I still would like to hand over my cash for D3, some of the things I've seen and looked at my reaction is 'Oh HELL YEAH! That's what I want, gimme gimme gimme!'. Some other aspect of it makes me go 'LUL WUT?'

And unfortunately, a few are just plain deal breakers for me. I doubt bliz would release an offline mode anytime soon, so it's unfortunate because there are aspects of it that I really want to experience.

Well I hear some people will say, just pick up all the other myriad Diablo like games coming out. Here's the thing, there actually isn't very many like it. I'm not being metaphorical here, I mean there really isn't that many games that has offline mode the way Diablo1&2 does.

Most Diablo like clones right now is usually an online only f2p model.

So while the true 'spiritual' successor might be overly dramatic phrasing. For me yes, TL2 seems to be the -only- candidate that fits my criteria so far. The fact that some of the developers were from D1&2, and I enjoyed TL1 is a bonus for sure.

If there is any other ARPG for PC that has offline mode, with the same kind of fun as D1&2 without some of the more dated elements, by all means please list them here. No really, I'd love some good Diablo clones, I've been searching for one and tried a bunch ever since D1\D1 Hellfire, and a few came close but all seems to be missing some key element.

But let's give some of the 'fanboy\hater' labelling a rest. (Not addressed to you specifically MonTy, just ranting in general here.)
Lately it seems people can only be labelled as either a 'fanboy' or a 'hater'.

Someone does not like something in D3, well you're a bliz hater who kicks puppies for fun. You like something in D3, well you're a sycophantic fanboy who licks Bobby Koticks loafers.

Anyways let us all settle and tuck into something we can all agree on, I'm sure of it. A tasty dish of hotdogs in jell-o!

What, you don't like savoury gelatin dishes?
HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!
[Image: 2u71vuo.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Max Schaefer talks about TL2 and D3 - by Mavfin - 06-13-2012, 04:51 AM
RE: Max Schaefer talks about TL2 and D3 - by Hammerskjold - 06-14-2012, 12:26 AM