Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
After getting my ass handed to me about 5 straight times by Rakinoth on nightmare with my Wizard (until I figured out using Diamond Skin with Crystal Shell rune was the only way to survive), I have to conclude that the whole "melee classes in D3 are underpowered" gospel is a myth. Rather, it is the other way around - RANGED classes are the ones who get screwed more. My Barb has had NO trouble with any of the bosses in the game except Azual, which took me 3 attempts to beat (just had to do some skill adjusting). Butcher, Belial, Azmodan, Rakinoth, and Diablo all have been easily defeated by my Barb thus far. Ranged classes do ok vs SOME of these bosses, but the Act 4 bosses in general are EXTREMELY difficult for Wizards and DH's - Rakinoth is especially brutal with that one-hit kill teleport (which is not telegraphed, so there is no way to avoid it - regardless of how much you move). So, I don't know where all this talk that melee classes get screwed in this game comes from - My Barb has dominated thus far much more than either my Wiz or DH - especially the latter. Ranged classes in D3 are waaaaaay too fragile for my liking - though at least my Wiz I get a few defensive skills that can make the impossible, to be possible.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by FireIceTalon - 06-08-2012, 06:18 AM