Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
(06-06-2012, 05:48 AM)Roland Wrote: Alas, it seems the art of tongue-in-cheek is lost upon you. So sad...

I can't see your tongue or your cheek from this vantage. It's not lost upon me but it's easy to miss that something is supposed to be a joke. I blame Poe's Law and all the time I spend on the Incgamers Diablo forum.

(06-06-2012, 06:48 AM)Treesh Wrote: Don't forget the healing mantra that you can run under all those. Wink

I actually run Conviction/Overawe. I seriously did not notice a change in survivability when I switched from healing. Smile

Quote:Of course, it doesn't help things that I keep telling Roland my monk is easy mode. =) I've gotten out alive in far more situations than I really should have since I am a horribly reckless player on my monks. Well, I should say that I'm even MORE reckless on the monks. I'm reckless with all of the classes. I am proud to say that I did get the monk achievement for dodging 15 attacks in a row WITHOUT using any of the increase dodge skills. It was just her normal setup, not even fists of thunder with lightning flash. Saved my butt as I got trapped in a wall with a group of fire chained monkeys. I'm sure in inferno I'll struggle like everyone else, but I will still continue to say the monk is easy mode. =)

In inferno? I die less than everyone else all the time. I had a couple of friends who were slowly working their way through Hell until the blood of Zoltun Kulle, at which point I joined them. I didn't realize it at the time, but was told that I basically carried them from there to act IV, as my own somewhat reckless playstyle and ability to survive it sped up their play considerably.

Regarding dodge, I actually dropped Fists of Thunder/Lightning Flash for Fists of Thunder/Thunderclap because I got tired of chasing things. I also dropped the passive that gave me +15% dodge for dual wielding for One With Everything, which seemed to make more of a difference to my survivability.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by BellaStrega - 06-06-2012, 07:03 AM