Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
(06-06-2012, 03:47 AM)Athenau Wrote: Those "on-demand" heals don't scale at all

And healing potions do? The Templar's heals do?

(06-06-2012, 03:47 AM)Athenau Wrote: and the armor and resistance buffs (which you have to sacrifice damage for and aren't out of line with what other classes get) hardly compensate for being exposed to the most dangerous threats in the game, repeatedly.

Which the Demon Hunter flat out doesn't get. The ONLY class without any buffs available to them. As for low DPS, melee can survive with 14k DPS in Inferno. At just shy of 20k DPS, I can't do enough damage to mobs at the entrance to Act II before they can kill me. Offense is the only defense a ranged class has, especially a Demon Hunter, because we flat out can't tank the damage. Monks and Barbarians can. Even Wizards can better than a Demon Hunter.

(06-06-2012, 03:47 AM)Athenau Wrote: Let's not pretend that melee doesn't have serious problems in this game. Hell, switching my monk over to a hybrid ranged template was probably the single most beneficial change I made in Inferno.

Let's not pretend that the Demon Hunter has it any better - trust me, they don't.
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by Roland - 06-06-2012, 05:23 AM