Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
(06-02-2012, 01:41 PM)Apostolic Wrote: To clarify, my stats above are with the enchantress out. I had forgotten about her 15% armor buff, which is pretty substantial (63.04% DR with her, 59.73% without, which works out to ~8.2% less damage taken). I don't think any of my fellow players offer anything comparable? Maybe another monk running Mantra of Evasion for added dodge? *shrug*

Barb war cry is +20% armor (+40% with rune, but most choose the +50% personal resists rune that doesn't help others)
Monk Mantra of Evasion has a +20% armor rune
Monk Mantra of Healing has a +20% resist rune
Monk Mantra of Conviction has a rune for 10% less damage taken
DH sentry has a relatively short range 15% less damage taken shield... not many use this skill...

I think those are the only defensive synergies and they're all on melee classes with the exception of the (often used... lol) sentry...

Most of the melee are using the enchantress already for the 15% armor, so they really only get the same benefit when playing with each other.

While ranged characters can potentially replace some defensive skills or passives with extra offense or resource generation, I don't see any real opportunity for melee unless grouped with other melee. 4 man team of barb (armor) / monk (resist) / monk (armor) / monk (conviction) doesn't sound like a great combo either.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee - by Concillian - 06-02-2012, 06:52 PM