Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions?
(05-17-2012, 03:31 PM)Arethor Wrote: I highly suggest going with a very tanky/safe sort of build Gnollguy and I wish your Doctor much luck.

Yep I expect I'll get tankier. I've run with tankier builds at times already. Honestly one of the reason I like leaping spiders is because they allow me to stay mobile while still applying directed damage since they work a bit like a DoT and you can even fire them at your feet as you run and the mobs will take damage when then move up to them.

If that build I linked were for soloing the content I just did grasp would have been glyphed to add more slow, I also would have had horrify on a slot for sure and probably spirit walk as well (though for now I can generally get away when I need to but walls can still be scary). That's been part of my problem with bats, they keep me rooted too much but hungry bats at L45 looks promising.

The worry I have is that WD damage still feels low compared to other classes. Some of this is because of lot of the skills are "death of a thousand cut" type deals. Haunt is really a ton of damage but it's over 12s. In groups I can drop several of the defensive skills and combo some offensive stuff and I get more more "up front" damage quite nicely. Having to have too many active defensive abilities becomes a bit of a worry, though there are glyphs that unlock later that will give some more snare or leach abilities.

I know I'm still in easy mode (normal) and easier areas. Act I has a few dangerous spots, the tree chest that I solo'd when I had no idea what it was made me drink my first potion. The Butcher also showed that there could be some dangers but I didn't get in trouble. My 2nd potion drink was on Belial because I got in a bad position and had to run through a puddle, didn't have a choice, I was down around 350 HP.

But yeah that is part of the fun, seeing content I never have and knowing that if I screw up, it's over. I know HC won't be as much fun when I've seen the content before, but I still think most of my toons will play on that side. I play more slowly in general, and that doesn't annoy other people as much in HC groups. Smile

But if there are folks that want to play SC I'd be more than happy to grab the other WD (or other class that I'm planning)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions? - by DeeBye - 05-16-2012, 03:33 AM
RE: Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions? - by Kevin - 05-17-2012, 04:34 PM
RE: Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions? - by Zedd - 05-24-2012, 05:57 PM