Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions?
I think ended up doing the last parts of Act 2 with this build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wi...!ZY!.ZaZ.a (I'm about 2K exp from L25 on my little hard core guy)

Some of those choices were because I was running with Frag's Barbarian and while soul harvest is pure awesome, I didn't get enough chances to get more than a 2 or 3 stack and spider queen, acid cloud, fire bomb, just worked way too well even if it wasn't buffed up. Haunt is very nice for champion packs and bosses, or when you get several packs and can slap it on a couple. The healing glyph actually makes a difference.

But yeah, if I were soloing things would change, and likely they would end up a lot more like what Deebye is doing; move in power up harvest, snare em all with grasp, and watch em melt with whatever DPS you prefer. I just enjoy the spider queen and firebomb animations too much, even though I miss the leaping spiders. While I'm not a huge fan of the gargantuan graphics, he really does hold up pretty well. When I was using leapers I'd not worry about him and just toss a jar or two over by him while I was dealing with other stuff. If things start hitting harder than they have been the bad medicine passive will certainly be useful with acid cloud.

But like I suspected I would as soon as the 6 skill limit went in, I want more slots. Smile Though the limitations do help with strategy and really do work as builds, allowing big play style changes if you want.

But even when I do solo (I did most of 20-21 solo and 1-13 solo; 13-20 and 21-24 was done in groups) I've never really felt in any real danger, glad I've been doing it all hardcore. We'll see if that changes if I die of course. Smile
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions? - by DeeBye - 05-16-2012, 03:33 AM
RE: Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions? - by Kevin - 05-17-2012, 06:15 AM
RE: Darts, spiders, or toads? Opinions? - by Zedd - 05-24-2012, 05:57 PM