Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods...
(09-10-2011, 03:31 AM)Zarathustra Wrote: Crusader, I have to disagree on the "ridiculously hard" boss comment. My first play through the game was completely nonlethal. I walked into the first boss encounter carrying a stun gun, tranq rifle, and a handful of gas/concussion grenades. He slaughtered me.

Then I looked around the room and realized they have exploding barrels strewn about the place, lots of crates and lockers with explosives and other weapons of the more deadly variety... they basically give you everything you need to take him out. This holds true for the other two bosses.

I'd argue that the final boss gets it "right" in that there are a couple ways to take said boss out (keeping spoilers down here). But I've seen so much in the way of complaints that I'm kinda wondering if these people didn't take the time to look around and just jumped to the "I have to FIGHT him??" kneejerk forum post reaction.

Please know that I'm not saying that's what you are doing. But I've been on some messages boards where it's gotten out of hand.

Beyond that, I agree with everything you said. I'd also suggest you consider replaying it just to take a different approach. I'm finding the game plays completely different if I'm going in with guns blazing. The patrol patterns in areas are definitely set up so you can exploit them with stealth, but they're also good at giving you openings for combat. I had a great enfilade in the second room of the tutorial area, taking out 3 enemies at once (recoil be damned!)

Edit/Addition: Also, you can use refrigerators to open doors, for portable cover, and as weapons. I like using refrigerators.

I have to change my earlier stetement about rediculously hard boss fights and now must say that all boss figths are piss easy. The answser? EPM grenades.

Also, I never knew you could destroy doors! Daaaayum! (I hacked that room and picked up all the mines. Smile )
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 08-25-2011, 05:17 PM
RE: Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 09-13-2011, 02:40 PM
RE: Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Crusader - 09-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bun-Bun - 01-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 01-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Lissa - 01-13-2009, 11:00 PM