Cataclysm NDA Lifted! Beta Begins! Exclamation points abused!
The point I was trying to make was that I would like a difference in colorization. Nowadays everyone walks around in epics. It has no meaning any more. What's worse, there are now several power levels in epics, which I can't see at a glance. In the classic model someone in full blues was a good player. Greens were ok for starting the endgame instances like Scholomance and Stratholme (which have the same role heroics have now). Someone in full blues could start raiding. Nowadays someone needs full epics and some arcane number called gearscore which isn't listen anywhere in the game, but instead requires external tools to calculate. It's ridiculous. What's worse, people nowadays are recruited for that score, instead of their skill level. Back in classic people would get trial runs and whatnot to see how good they are and class elders would look at how well they do their rotations and whatnot. That's completely blown away now.

I just want a system where I can see Green=normal, Blue = good and purple = top-notch. Because now purple can mean anything from worthless to godlike and the other colors just mean junk. Might as well make green and blue items grey. Because that's the value they hold nowadays.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cataclysm NDA Lifted! Beta Begins! Exclamation points abused! - by Crusader - 07-22-2010, 08:26 AM