Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines Discussion
Personally I was quite disappointed with this movie. It seemed like I was watching T2 all over again.

Okay, same Arnold T 101 in as T2 battles a technologically superior terminator (T101 vs. T100 = same as T 101 vs. Tx).

The bad terminator comes back in time to kill people and Arnold saves them.

This is much too general obviously but I really hoped for something different. I expected the story to be something like this--->

1. They missed some minor detail in T2 when they attempted to stop judgement day. Perhaps there were other pieces from the original terminator (T100??)somewhere else besides Cyberdyne.

2. Judgment day happens, there is a short part explaining how Connor became the great leader, and the war starts.

3. Tx is sent (not back in time) to kill Connor and Arnold protects him.

4. ending A. Humans win war
B. Humans win small victory and get hope

This would probably happen in T4 if there is one, but it really didn't need to be two movies. This one seemed like a "filler" more than an important part of the series.

On a side note however, does anyone else feel that the terminator series make a good prequel to The Matrix?

1. Humans make AI
2. AI starts to take over
3. humans block the sun and celebrate their victory (ending for T4)
4. the Matrix is created and the rest is history... :)
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci

Messages In This Thread
Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines Discussion - by Albion Child - 07-04-2003, 05:16 AM
Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines Discussion - by Guest - 07-08-2003, 12:17 AM