Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines Discussion
Quote:The ending really had a nice twist. Cool idea and it makes sense.

I loved the ending. It's great the way that they spend two movies and most of the third trying to change the future, but in the end it becomes inevitable. It's great to see a recent movie that doesn't follow the "good guys win, everyone lives happily ever after" paradigm.

Quote:Did anyone else think that the flying machines looked kind of fake?

The other thing that really bugged me was the Skynet machine prototypes. The flying ones look so fake.

The Hunter-Killers had the same aspect as always (they show a few in the flashback in T1), but before now we never got a real up-close look at them. I think they look "fake" because the chassis was an unbroken, flat silver. Everything else we've seen Skynet produce (besides the T-1000, which by its nature is a bit of an anomaly) has had a very "industrial" feel (see: Terminator endoskeletons).

Quote:Arnold can still pull it off. He is so much older now, and yet he remained almost the same (if not better) Terminator as in T2.

I loved the "I am an obsolete model" line. That had to be regarding himas an actor, and was a great tongue-in-cheek aside, IMO.

Quote:Kristanna Loken was great. She is a beautiful actress and played the role (in my opinion) of the Terminatrix quite well.

I agree, except that the T-X (I refuse to type "Terminatirx"... oops) seemed almost like a step back from the T-1000. It had a humanoid skeleton, and could only alter its appearance. It couldn't pull any of the "impersonate a floor" or "chop people up with blades" tricks the T-1000 could. I suppose a set skeleton would be necessary to house on-board weaponry, but it seems like a less sturdy design than a mass of liquid metal.

Quote:If T3 does well in the Theaters then may be T4 could become a reality. It probably would not have any of the current stars, but seeing how Humantity defeats the machines in the future would be interesting.

It would suck, and that's why it would get made, sadly. The Terminator movies have never been about "Man versus Machine". That gets people into theaters, because it's cool, yeah. But they're about Humanity's stubbornness and indomitable will, Humanity's refusal to give up even when life is bleak. They're about hope, and the ending of T3 illustrates this perfectly.

- WL

EDIT: I normally don't link to Something Awful, but this thread is hilarious, and (sort of) relevant. SA posters tend to be freer with the vulgar words, though, so be warned.

Messages In This Thread
Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines Discussion - by WarLocke - 07-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines Discussion - by Guest - 07-08-2003, 12:17 AM