IM advice
Yes, all types of balrogs are pain for me in IMs too. Maybe some more experienced IM players know some tricks against balrog types. I would like to know them, too. I always pray to not have too many balrog-type monster in IM - that’s my way . However it is almost always good to get close to them asap, do not waiting with shift-hitting. Of course it would be good to have some resistance to fire and -dfe probably too. But it depends only on your luck to items. What if you have not got such things? - make them to follow you few corners, make them split if there is more than 1, and then - get close to one and hit as mad. their hit recovery is really fast, so prepare you would not stunlock them. Just hitting for quick-kill and stop them casting their inferno. They hand-to-hand damage can hurt too. Hitting them you have chance interrupting their melee attacks which is quite long, but inferno still can hurt, and cannot be interrupted once it is casted (breathed). And I prefer to stay in one place and just hit them, than change position to another to avoid inferno, because that inferno can be recasted in new position very quickly by them.
About succubi - I don't know is shooting them is good way to kill them with warrior. However - Always fighting with them is easier when using territory to your advantage (like with almost always). Shish-kebabs, corners (they come to you and sometimes shooting bloodstars at corner, but it hit corner, not you). Or corner them with some melee weapon. As you probably know, there are 4 types of succubus. 2 of them will not fire across chests and some other obstacles to long (wiser ones) and will try to chase you to have clear shoot - you can then use this behavior for your advantage and try to hunt them if they get close enough. Of course it is very good to have enough damage to stun-lock, and of course enough tch% to stun-lock them for more efficiently.
To summarize, always thinks how to well use territory to make it your best friend. Using it you have some crowd-control advantage or can slow down some though monsters chasing you, making them to loose tight on corners, setting them in "queue" formation going to you almost one by one.

Messages In This Thread
IM advice - by weakwarrior - 05-10-2009, 03:04 PM
IM advice - by Galbraith - 05-10-2009, 05:40 PM
IM advice - by Nystul - 05-10-2009, 09:19 PM
IM advice - by weakwarrior - 05-10-2009, 09:31 PM
IM advice - by Gillias - 05-11-2009, 09:56 AM
IM advice - by weakwarrior - 05-11-2009, 01:40 PM
IM advice - by Gillias - 05-11-2009, 03:34 PM
IM advice - by weakwarrior - 05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
IM advice - by weakwarrior - 05-14-2009, 12:34 PM
IM advice - by Nystul - 05-15-2009, 07:48 AM
IM advice - by Thenryb - 05-15-2009, 09:47 PM