Offspec heroic tanking?
With wrath's release, I switched my main from mage to warrior. I levelled to 80 and all that. My focus is on pvp, and smashing things. This being what I'm used to, coming from just under 4 years of magery. But I don't feel like being one of those warriors. You know, the "AAAAAAGH I'M A ROGUE IN PLATE I DON'T TANK AAAAH" (I always imagine warriors talking like that. You know, fuelled by rage and all) guys, so I've put together a tanking set, got myself defense capped, skilled up my one-handers, etc..

But, should I feel required to spec prot to jump into a 5-man as a tank? How willing would you be to run with someone who is, I suppose you could say, working underpar? Is it just the gear that matters (and not particularly good gear, but still, plate, and uncrittable), or do the talents make a large difference? Or is it that the talents mean that the player is more wililng to tank, and thus likely has more experience with it? Would you have to make sure the healer is skilled enough to keep him up?

On that note, offspec pretty much anything. I've got a boomkin that murders people with many a space laser. Commonly I'll spam lfg offering to 'DPS or heal' and get some weird tells from it. But I've main-healed everything in Outland and the first few Northrend (still levelling) without respeccing, no problems. I'm confident in my abilities, so that's that as far as I'm concerned.

What sort of things do you guys do that doesn't necessarily fit with your current class/spec role?

Messages In This Thread
Offspec heroic tanking? - by Bob the Beholder - 03-08-2009, 02:59 AM
Offspec heroic tanking? - by Kevin - 03-08-2009, 04:43 AM
Offspec heroic tanking? - by ryan4nayr - 03-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Offspec heroic tanking? - by Taelas - 03-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Offspec heroic tanking? - by shoju - 03-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Offspec heroic tanking? - by Delc - 03-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Offspec heroic tanking? - by Taelas - 03-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Offspec heroic tanking? - by Bob the Beholder - 03-10-2009, 03:58 AM