The new Patch
I had a chance to play for two hours or so yesterday evening, giving me a first glimpse at the patch. First off, all the new talents look cool, but so darn much has changed that I feel I'm playing a new game. My impressions.

Warrior:
My pvp char is a warrior. I specced arms again and tried some AV. It felt as if my damage output had doubled and I hacked and sliced throug enemies with impunity. it all felt a lot smoother as well and I felt warriors had received a massive buff. until I ran into a paladin. He easily outhealed me and when he did some dps I was shocked at how much damage he did with his puny onehander. PvP also seems to feel a lot more fluent and faster paced.

Shaman:
My shaman is level 68 and has crappy gear. I specced Enhancement again. I got some wolves, which seem pretty cool. Each has a bit more hp then myself. Add those two to the elemental totems and I can have a small army at my beck and call. Handy. I also got a 3 point talent that gives 1 AP for every 1 int. since I'm dualwielding, I have the odd sensation that strength just became obsolete. Also, I can throw around instant chain lightnings now and then. crazy stuff, but it builds on the hybrid feeling I think. They wanted enhancement shamans to cast more spells and I think that succeeded nicely. I also got my first inscription on that char, in return for a earthstorm diamond transmute. 40% attack power boost to windfury procs. wow. Although I do have to use firebrand on my offhand now for that damage boost to lava shock or sumsuch. I wonder what that new skill, combined with free chain lightnings, will do for my dps and my mana bar.

Druid:
My old epic'd main is a resto druid, so naturally I specced full resto again. I have this odd sensation that I am now a total GOD of healing. I restore mana with my hots, got another hot to play with (as if I didn't have enough) and a talent that reduces the cooldown between hots. Damn this feels good. Still suck balls at killing anything bigger than a mouse though. But with all my hots active I must heal tons and tons of damage. Maybe I can do an instance today and see how it goes.

Mage:
I looked at the talent trees of my 61 mage and decided that needed a more detailed look tomorrow before I started clicking.

Soooo, what are you guys' thoughts so far?
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

Messages In This Thread
The new Patch - by Crusader - 10-17-2008, 09:54 AM
The new Patch - by Mordekhuul - 10-17-2008, 01:29 PM
The new Patch - by Pantalaimon - 10-17-2008, 04:01 PM
The new Patch - by Mordekhuul - 10-17-2008, 05:28 PM
The new Patch - by Bob the Beholder - 10-17-2008, 06:52 PM
The new Patch - by Concillian - 10-17-2008, 07:50 PM