Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points
WarBlade,Jun 20 2003, 11:43 PM Wrote:1.) As I looked over the page I expected to find information describing the recovery rate that Amazon passives use, and yet there was no indication of that at all. Even if it's just a one line note with an asterisk pointing to it saying they use values presented in one of the tables, can these be included?

2.) Is an Assassin's Claw Blocking rate the same as her shield blocking rate? Clarification on this point could be handy.

3.) Has anyone ever looked at recovery rates for summoned minions? Probably worthless, but could have some interesting comparative data. A monster comparison might be handy too.
I found answers to the questions 1 and 2.

1) The D/A/E speed formula is the following:

Hammerman Wrote:Frames = {256*(Base + 1)/[(100 + Speed Increase)/100*256]} - 1

Base = 8
Speed increase = skill ias - wsm
That is, the D/A/E speed depends upon IAS from skills and Weapon Speed Modifier. The basic speed is 8 frames with 0 Speed Increase (0 speed weapon and no skill IAS). The break points are the following (in the range of -25 to 600 of Speed increase):

D/A/E Frames / Speed Increase Break Point
11 / -25
10 / -17
9 / -9
8 / 0
7 / 13
6 / 29
5 / 50
4 / 81
3 / 125
2 / 200
1 / 350

2) Weapon Block uses the shield block speed, and thus FBR speeds up Weapon Block, too. The same FBR table can be used with WB as with shields.

Cheers,

Tommi
Hammer of Atur
PvE/RP World of Warcraft Guild
Argent Dawn (European RP server), Alliance side

Dwarf Campaign
Awarded Custom Campaign for Warcraft III

Tommi's Diablo II information and guides
The de facto source of Diablo II game mechanics

Messages In This Thread
Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - by Tommi - 06-20-2003, 11:28 PM