The Lurker Lounge Forums
Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo II (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points (/thread-11026.html)

Pages: 1 2

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Tommi - 06-20-2003

Hi folks,

I compiled a page which lists the correct Faster Hit Recovery and Faster Block Rate break points from the info I got from Rivo and Hammerman at the Amazon Basin. The link to the page is here:

Hit Recovery and Block Speed

Cheers,

Tommi

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - D-Dave - 06-20-2003

Ah finaly someone got around to putting that info together in a form even a dimwit like me understands it...

Thanks a lot Tommi...great work, as always :-)

-dave

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - HunkyDory - 06-20-2003

Tommi,

Splendid job and even more splendid job on giving credits to those where it belongs.

:D

Regards, Hunky

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Hammerman - 06-20-2003

tommi,

Something I overlooked. There are a few different 'animation playback speed' values for block/get hit animation for different weapon classes. This value (also called 'anim speed/rate') is the latter '* 256' part in the speed formula. from your page:

Hit Recovery Frames = {256 x Class Base Rate / [256 x (50 + EFHR) / 100]} - 1

All attack animation (and majority of the other) have anim speed = 256, and can therefore be a constant in the speed formula for attack speeds. Except the wereform attack speeds, they use a modified value there. Anyway, for block/get hit animations the anim speed is:

Block

class: wclass: anim speed:

AM 1HS 88
PA 2HS* 168

Get hit

Class: wclass: anim speed:

PA 2HT 192
PA STF 192
DZ 1HS 248

(bah, no time to make decent looking tables)

DZ = Druid
PA = Paladin
AM = Amazon
1HS = One handed swing; non-thrusting weapons except claws and staves
2HS = Two-handed swing; two-handed swords
STF = Staves

*: You can't block with a 2 handed weapon (no shield). This can be ignored then.

The rest of the block/hit animations have amin speed as 256.

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Ruvanal - 06-20-2003

Thanks Hammerman. I was about to ask a couple of questions in one of these threads and the first was why the amazons using a 1hs weapon end up blocking in slow motion. The second question is where in the files is this information stored at? .COF? .DCC?

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - WarBlade - 06-20-2003

1.) As I looked over the page I expected to find information describing the recovery rate that Amazon passives use, and yet there was no indication of that at all. Even if it's just a one line note with an asterisk pointing to it saying they use values presented in one of the tables, can these be included?

2.) Is an Assassin's Claw Blocking rate the same as her shield blocking rate? Clarification on this point could be handy.

3.) Has anyone ever looked at recovery rates for summoned minions? Probably worthless, but could have some interesting comparative data. A monster comparison might be handy too.

Great! Thanks, Hammerman.

Quote:PA 2HT 192

Is this a typo (2HT = 2HS) or is 2HT some other weapon class?

Cheers,

Tommi

WarBlade,Jun 20 2003, 11:43 PM Wrote:1.) As I looked over the page I expected to find information describing the recovery rate that Amazon passives use, and yet there was no indication of that at all. Even if it's just a one line note with an asterisk pointing to it saying they use values presented in one of the tables, can these be included?

2.) Is an Assassin's Claw Blocking rate the same as her shield blocking rate? Clarification on this point could be handy.

3.) Has anyone ever looked at recovery rates for summoned minions? Probably worthless, but could have some interesting comparative data. A monster comparison might be handy too.
I found answers to the questions 1 and 2.

1) The D/A/E speed formula is the following:

Hammerman Wrote:Frames = {256*(Base + 1)/[(100 + Speed Increase)/100*256]} - 1

Base = 8
Speed increase = skill ias - wsm
That is, the D/A/E speed depends upon IAS from skills and Weapon Speed Modifier. The basic speed is 8 frames with 0 Speed Increase (0 speed weapon and no skill IAS). The break points are the following (in the range of -25 to 600 of Speed increase):

D/A/E Frames / Speed Increase Break Point
11 / -25
10 / -17
9 / -9
8 / 0
7 / 13
6 / 29
5 / 50
4 / 81
3 / 125
2 / 200
1 / 350

2) Weapon Block uses the shield block speed, and thus FBR speeds up Weapon Block, too. The same FBR table can be used with WB as with shields.

Cheers,

Tommi

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Ruvanal - 06-21-2003

Tommi,Jun 20 2003, 06:47 PM Wrote:Great! Thanks, Hammerman.

Is this a typo (2HT = 2HS) or is 2HT some other weapon class?

Cheers,

Tommi

Code_____Hit Class
_________None
hth______Hand To Hand
1hss_____One Hand Swing vs. Small
1hsl_____One Hand Swing vs. Large
2hss_____Two Hand Swing vs. Small
2hsl_____Two Hand Swing vs. Large
1ht______One Hand Thrust
2ht______Two Hand Thrust
club_____Club
staf_____Staff
bow______Bow
xbow_____Crossbow
claw_____Claw
over_____Overlay

The 2ht is typically the spears as opposed to the 2hsl that is used for polearms, 2-handed axes, 2-handed hammers or 2hss that is used the 2-handed swords.

edit: just realised what you were questioning. I can't tell if Hammerman did a typo or not. But, I do not think he did. I am guessing that he forgot to include the 2ht code in the list at the end.

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Dagni - 06-21-2003

D/A/E Frames / Speed Increase Break Point
11 / -25
10 / -17
9 / -9
8 / 0
7 / 13
6 / 29
5 / 50
---CAP---
4 / 81
3 / 125
2 / 200
1 / 350

I don't know this for sure, but most likely this is subject to a cap at 75 speed increase. (Are there any speed formulas that are known to NOT have a cap?)

EDIT: After looking at the post on the AB about FHR/FBR, I see that they don't have a cap.
However, looking more closely, I would guess that they actually do have a cap, but it is unreachable due to diminishing returns.

Normally the cap is considered to be at '75' Speed Increase. But it is always 100 plus that value, for a max of 175. So the cap actually is likely at 175. So, since the formula for FHR is 50 + Speed Increase, Speed Increase would have to be 125+ to reach the cap. And with the diminishing return formula: EFHR = [FHR x 120 / (FHR + 120)], an infinite amount of FHR will still only get 120 EFHR for only 170 total value, just under the cap.

If I'm right, that would mean that blocking with Holy Shield would have a cap, but since 1 frame has already been reached, it's not like it matters...

- Dagni

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Kar0n - 06-21-2003

Ah,that's why I can't find an explicit rule for Gethit/Block animation of werebear,those test data
are quite odds.(btw i'm Karon(=Rivo),frequent register failures force me use varies IDs here and
there...... :( .)

The werewolf GH/Block speed seems normal.But the werebear's GH/Block speed is more slower
than I imagined.

I wonder if Hammerman could help the animationspeed for werebear's GH/Block as to make the
problem integrate.Hopefully. :)

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Tommi - 06-21-2003

I updated the page. Hope that I got everything calculated correctly.

http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/hitrecovery.html

- Added the effect of animation speed with different weapons.
- Added D/A/E speeds, but removed the effect of WSM, based on Karon's/Rivo's tests. It is unknown if Skill IAS really boosts D/A/E, but it's included there at the moment.
- Did not include a cap to the D/A/E table, since I have no idea if such exists.
- Did not include Werebear FHR/FBR break points, because they are not known.

Cheers,

Tommi

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Tommi - 06-21-2003

Hammerman,Jun 20 2003, 09:26 PM Wrote:Except the wereform attack speeds, they use a modified value there.
Hmm. Does this have further implications for recovery speeds? I did not do any modifications to the werewolf speeds in the current tables.

Cheers,

Tommi

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Tommi - 06-23-2003

Updated the page once again.

http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/hitrecovery.html

- Changed the D/A/E recovery speed to constant 8 frames, until somebody figures which skills and abilities affect STATS_OTHER_ANIMRATE (stat id 68)
- Reorganized Hit Recovery and Block Speed tables
- Clarified the effect of Holy Shield, by describing it giving +50 EFBR

Cheers,

Tommi

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Hammerman - 06-23-2003

Ruvanal,Jun 20 2003, 08:34 PM Wrote:The second question is where in the files is this information stored at?  .COF? .DCC?
Ruvanal,

It's in AnimData.D2. It's a hash table wich holds frame count + other info about the current animation mode. To keep things simple, open it up with a hex editor and search for the record you want. The records have the same name as the .cof files (they are found from the .cof file names, actually):

first 2 letters = char class token, from plrtype.txt (or montype.txt/objtype.txt, wichever is appropriate)

Name Token
Amazon AM
Sorceress SO
Necromancer NE
Paladin PA
Barbarian BA
Expansion
Druid DZ
Assassin AI

next 2 letters = mode token, from plrmode.txt (or monmode.txt/objmode.txt)

Name Token
Death DT
Neutral NU
Walk WL
Run RN
Get Hit GH
Town Neutral TN
Town Walk TW
Attack1 A1
Attack2 A2
Block BL
Cast SC
Throw TH
Kick KK
Skill1 S1
Skill2 S2
Skill3 S3
Skill4 S4
Dead DD
Sequence GH*
Knock back GH*

Last 3 letters = weapon class code (at least for players and monsters)

HTH = Hand to Hand; fists, or kick mode and weapon class = bow, stf, ht1, ht2, xbw, 2hs or 2ht)
BOW = Bow
1HS = 1 Hand Swing; 1 handed Axes, clubs, 1 handed hammers, maces, orbs, scepters, 1 handed swords (and 2h swords worn in 1 hand), throwing axes, wands.
1HT = 1 Hand Thrust; Javelins, Knifes, Throwing Knifes.
STF = Staff; 2 handed axes, 2 handed hammers, pole axes, staves.
2HS = 2 Hand Swing; 2 handed swords
2HT = 2 Hand Thrust; Spears
XBW = Crossbow
1JS = Left Jab Right Swing; Left arm = 1HS and right arm = 1HT
1JT = Left Jab Right Thrust; Dual weilding 1HT weapons
1SS = Left Swing Right Swing; Dual weilding 1HS weapons
1ST = Left Swing Right Thrust
HT1 = One Hand-to-Hand; Claws
HT2 = Two Hand-to-Hand; Dual weilding claws

I think i got that right. Monsters should always use whatever weapon class is in BaseW in monstats.txt.

Once you have found the correct record, its structure is like this:

byte offset = description

+00 = name
+08 = frame count
+12 = anim speed
+16 - +144 = one byte for each frame, 'frame tags' I think its called. You can probably find more detailed info at the Keep, but 1-2 means server update and 1-3 is client update.

tommi,

Werebear get hit has anim speed = 184, and block = 200.

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Tommi - 06-24-2003

Hammerman,Jun 23 2003, 10:06 PM Wrote:tommi,

Werebear get hit has anim speed = 184, and block = 200.
Thanks! One more question. Does 248 animation speed with 1-handed swinging weapons apply only to the druid in human form, or also to werewolf and even werebear form?

I've got them now as follows:

Druid Animation speeds

GetHit:
Druid, human, 1HS = 248
Druid, human, other weapons = 256
Druid, werewolf, 1HS = 248 (IS THIS CORRECT?)
Druid, werewolf, other weapons = 256 (IS THIS CORRECT?)
Druid, werebear, all weapons = 184

Block:
Druid, human = 256
Druid, werewolf = 256 (IS THIS CORRECT?)
Druid, werebear = 200

Cheers,

Tommi

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Kar0n - 06-24-2003

Hi,Tommi,I said"werewolf's gh/block animation rule seems normal",don't know If you take
it into your page.

It means werewolf's fhr/fbr obeys the normal formula.That wolf's basic gethit animation is
4 frames in dcc file while block animatino is 5 frames in dcc file,means the breakpoints for
gethit can be under "{256*4/[256*(0.5+efbr%)]}-1" and for block can be under {256*5/[256*(0.5+efbr%)]}-1

also,this above is from my tests,if there is any mistake,don't bother to point out.:)

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Kar0n - 06-24-2003

Tommi,Jun 24 2003, 06:55 AM Wrote:I've got them now as follows:

Druid Animation speeds

GetHit:
Druid, human, 1HS = 248
Druid, human, other weapons = 256
Druid, werewolf, 1HS = 248 (IS THIS CORRECT?)
Druid, werewolf, other weapons = 256 (IS THIS CORRECT?)
Druid, werebear, all weapons = 184

Block:
Druid, human = 256
Druid, werewolf = 256  (IS THIS CORRECT?)
Druid, werebear = 200

Cheers,

Tommi
I viewed animdata.d2 following Hammerman's method.And there is no 40GH1HS(monsters always
use BaseW in monstats.txt as Hammerman said so I think there should only be 40GHH2H also.)
So I think wolf only use GH_animspeed=256 as well asBL_animspeed,and as bear.

For werebear's GH_animspeed=184,so the formula should be {256*5/[(0.5+efhr%)*184}-1.
then the GetHit table for WereBear is:

=================================
fhr-----efhr-----GH_speed(frame)
---------------------------------
0---------0-----------13
5---------4-----------12
10--------9-----------11
16-------14-----------10
24-------20------------9
37-------28------------8
54-------37------------7
86-------50------------6
152------67------------5
360------90------------4

For Werebear's BL_animspeed=200,so the formula should be {{256*5/[(0.5+efhr%)*200}-1.
Then the Block table for WereBear is:

fbr-----efbr-----BL_speed(frame)
---------------------------------
0---------0-----------12
5---------4-----------11
10--------9-----------10
16-------14------------9
27-------22------------8
40-------30------------7
65-------42------------6
109------57------------5
223------78------------4
1320----110------------3

Hmm,the 37,54,86,152 for GH,27,40,65,109,1320 for BL are the apparent breakpoints in my tests,
at every of them the animation cuts off a Picture from dcc files to reduce the hold duration by 1 frame.
now the tests data seem conform to the theoretic table very well.

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Tommi - 06-24-2003

OK. I've got Base Rates for Druid now as follows:

GetHit:
Human: 7
Werebear: 5
Werewolf: 4

Block
Human: 6
Werebear: 5
Werewolf: 5

Are these correct?

The page is also updated to reflect this info.

Cheers,

Tommi

Hit Recovery and Block Speed Break Points - Kyrene - 06-25-2003

Hammerman,Jun 23 2003, 10:06 PM Wrote:1JS = Left Jab Right Swing; Left arm = 1HS and right arm = 1HT
1JT = Left Jab Right Thrust; Dual weilding 1HT weapons
1SS = Left Swing Right Swing; Dual weilding 1HS weapons
1ST = Left Swing Right Thrust
I presume these four can be used to try and distill Frenzy speeds? (my next project when I'm feeling masochistic)