Updating the 'puter for hardcore ownage
Quote:Hi,
That's part of the problem. I live about 10 minutes from a Fry's, and I only use them for minor purchases because I can always get what I want for considerably less online (the outlandish Washington state sales tax contributes a lot to this). You can almost always beat local prices at Newegg, and beat them a lot by searching, for instance, Cnet.

Yeah, I remember cnet offering the same vid cards for about $50 dollars cheaper, but I could not wait (I mean I "could", but I didn't want too). I had just got the wife believing we needed all these parts for an upgrade to the computer after writing them down on paper weeks earlier and I knew if I waited any longer, she would start asking me if we really "needed" such a powerful computer, to which my answer would have been "no."

Quote:Not fair! The $3000 includes replacing the video card and CPU. At the very least, you need to subtract the cost of the originals from the total, since they are no longer in the machine.

Ahh, forgot about this. Each vid card was $450 at the time. I *think* the CPU was around $200. Humm, well this makes me think. I suppose your right then about building your own computer. I was adding it incorrectly this whole time, lol.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Updating the 'puter for hardcore ownage - by Wyrm - 05-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Updating the 'puter for hardcore ownage - by Wyrm - 05-19-2008, 03:07 AM
Updating the 'puter for hardcore ownage - by Taem - 05-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Updating the 'puter for hardcore ownage - by Taem - 05-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Updating the 'puter for hardcore ownage - by Taem - 05-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Updating the 'puter for hardcore ownage - by Taem - 05-29-2008, 09:23 PM