Definitions
On a DSF post, if someone said they had a pure level 30 rogue, it meant that this character did not trade or accept gifts from other characters, including the player's own characters. "Pure" on the DSF was largely a statement suggesting the character was pure from *twinking*.

On public b.net, "pure", "pure legit", or "100% legit" often seemed to be used to suggest that a character was pure from *duping* in the only way a player could truly guarantee such things, by not trading with other players. This behavior would be called "player pure" on the DSF to avoid confusion.

I don't think "purist" was commonly used on DSF, so that's probably why it isn't defined. It does sound like something that different people would attach different meanings to.

I also used the term "group pure", although I don't think it was really used on the DSF. This would describe a set of characters who trade only amongst each other. For example, some of the groups that get together on RBD at a specific time each week (mostly D2) only play with each other and have certain restrictions. So they can choose whether to allow outside characters to contribute items into that group, or only use the items those specific characters find collectively. Denoting the latter case as "group pure" saves a lot of time, assuming the players already understand the implications of that term.

Messages In This Thread
Definitions - by GhastMaster - 04-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Definitions - by --Pete - 04-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Definitions - by Nystul - 04-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Definitions - by GhastMaster - 04-03-2008, 03:00 AM
Definitions - by Alamara - 04-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Definitions - by Nystul - 04-06-2008, 02:36 AM
Definitions - by FireIceTalon - 04-30-2008, 03:52 PM